Veg Momos – when I had it for the first time I didn’t like it at all. Honestly speaking the taste was so bad that I couldn’t even swallow it. My guess is that it was not made properly or, whatever the reason may be. I decided that I will not taste momos ever in my life.
Some time back I had visited my sister in Kolkata. And the two of us; me and my sister were just shopping around in Big Bazar and there we found a stall selling momos. My sister convinced me to try at-least one and you won’t believe me on what happened next……..
I couldn’t stop myself from eating more of it and we bought another plate of momos. Since then I started eating momo’s. Food cooked well and with love will make you feel as if in heaven and one that is not cooked right can taste awful and make you hate the recipe. That’s a lesson I learn’t from this experience.
And as far as the making of momos is concerned, this is the first time I tried making this at home. And….
It turned out really well (you see some self appreciation is necessary at times). I have made chutney also along with it, so that is going to be my next recipe video.
Keep watching my videos and I will come up with many more recipe video in future…
How to make Veg Momos Recipe Video
Ingredients to mix Dough:
- All purpose flour/ maida - 1 cup
- Water - As needed
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- Cabbage - 1 cup finely chopped
- Carrot - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onion - 4-5 sprigs chopped
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1-2 tbsp
Method to make Dough:
- Mix all of this and knead the dough just like you do it for pooris.
Method to make Stuffing:
- In a kadai heat 2 tbsp of oil, and saute the garlic.
- Add cabbage, carrots and capsicum one by one and saute them for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and saute again for 30 seconds.
- Now add the spring onions and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add salt and the soya sauce and mix well.
Method to make Momos:
- Roll small balls of dough into a thin round shape.
- You can use a small bowl to cut it into shape and then roll it further to make it thinner.
- Put about a spoon of vegetable mixture into the center of the rolled dough.
- Now roll it into the shape of momos (the process of rolling it is similar to creating frills in curtains or, frocks)
- Now place each of the momos in an idli cooker( you can use any cooker that can help steam the momos)
- Steam for about 5-7 minutes or, until you see that the momos are cooked on the outside.
- Remove them carefully and serve hot along with chutney.
- Finally add the pepper powder and saute it for another 2-3 minutes.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.