Peanut-Coconut Cookies – It is very funny how fast our tastes change. A lot of things that we never liked sometime in our lives are things that we start to like and enjoy in a different phase of life.
Take for example, bitter gourd. I never liked it as a kid because of its bitter taste. Fast forward it to today and it is one of the vegetables that I liked the most. If you are wondering why all this discussion about bittergourd in a cookie recipe, then I was just trying to be philosophical and building a context for what it to come below….Lol. 🙂
More then any biscuits I prefer having cookies now. They have a unique and rich taste which is probably one of the many reasons that I like it. These nutty and textured cookies are perfect for kids and is perfect for holidays or any other time.
Peanut-Coconut CookiesPrint Recipe
- All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Packed light brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- Sweetened coconut - 1 cup flaked or shredded
- Old fashioned oats - 1 cup
- Skinless Peanuts - 3/4 cup chopped (unsalted roasted)
- Unsalted Butter - 3/4 cup slightly softened
- Fine Salt - 1 tsp
- First of all place 2 racks in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place 2 baking sheets parallel against each other. Place 2 silicon baking mats in it.
- Now in a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Melt the butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the brown sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and the flour mixture (do not over mix).
- Now add the coconut, nuts and oats to make a rough cookie dough.
- Keep it aside for about 30 minutes or until it gets to room temperature.
- Scoop balls of the dough onto the prepared pans with tablespoon-sized ice cream scoop, by taking care that it is spaced a little away from each other.
- Now bake for the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and the edges are toasted properly.
- Let the cookies cool for the couple of minutes and serve.
Cookies are good to be packed for kids lunch box.
If you found this post useful, please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.🙂