- Boiled Eggs – 4
- Large Onions – 4 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 4 (finely chopped )
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander/dhania powder – 2 tbsp
- Cinamon stick – 1
- Badi elachi – 2
- Chicken masala-1 tsp
- Kashmiri Mirch – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – as per required
- Coriander leaves – handfull
- Curry Leaves – 5 to 6
- Kasturi methi – 1tbsp
- Hard boil eggs, remove the shell and keep aside .
- Take a pan add oil when it is very hot , add cumin seeds,bay leaf ,cinamon stick,badi elachi .
- When the cumin seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Saute until the onions are slightly brown,now add chopped tomato , salt , turmeric and stir well.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame,stirring in between.
- In the meanwhile take a bowl and add ginger ,garlic paste,coriander powder, red chilli powder, chicken masala , kashmiri mirch and mix all the ingredients with small water .
- Now add all the Mixed contents of the bowl in kadahi and fry, stirring constantly, for about 10-12 min, or until paste turns a light brown color and the gets oil separates.
- Add water as required and let it boil for 5 minutes,add the boiled eggs toss the eggs into the curry and let it simmer for 2 minutes,sprinkle garam masala and kasturi methi and remove from heat when the curry is thick in consistency.
- Goes well with rice, paratha, puri or, plain chapati and with south Indian breads like Malabar Parotha.
- Add salt and turmeric at the same time when you are adding onion and tomato so that the onion cooks to a semi solid form faster than it would normally take.
- Slit the egg on four sides to a 2mm depth so that the egg gets absorbed by the inside of the egg as well.