For me one of the most difficult part of cooking is the breakfast. Everybody has a different choice and something that is liked by half of my family members is not the favorite of the other half. Add to it the fact that every morning breakfast is a plan made in the hurry-burry that you just cannot avoid, and you have a complete recipe for disaster. 😳
It is this challenge to cook something tasty, something that everybody loves and something that is quick that makes way for most of my experiments.
Adai dosa recipe is a protien rich breakfast recipe, which comprises of different dals and rice. Adai is a traditional South Indian Breakfast and is very famous especially in Tamilnadu.
And today I am sharing Tamilnadu style Adai recipe which is very simple and easy to prepare and does not need much planning.
While grinding you can also add soaked rajma, white chickpea, soyabean or any other lentils of your choice.There are many other versions of making adai and I will come up with those versions and varieties of making adai soon.
- Idli rice - 1 cup
- Toovar Dal - 1 cup
- Urad Dal + Moong dal + Chana Dal + Soyabean - 1 cup
- Whole red chilli - 10-12 or as per the taste
- Onion - 2 big finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 4-5 tbsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs finely chopped
- Asafotida/ hing - a generous pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1.5 tsp
- Ginger - 2.5 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for cooking
- Soak the rice, dhals and red chilli for atleast 2-3 hours, and set aside.
- Drain water from the mixture.
- Blend the rice, dhals, red chilli, ginger and cumin seeds togeather in a mixer to a coarse paste by adding little water.Set aside.
- Add onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves, salt and hing and mix well.
- The batter should be thicker than idli dosa batter. So you can adjust water as needed.
- Heat the dosa tawa or normal tawa/griddle, take one laddle full and spread the batter like we do for dosa.
- Drizzle little oil and once it is cooked turn to other side and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy along with a cup of tea.
- This can be served along with coconut chutney, tomato sauce, curd, pickle etc...
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.