Baingan ka Bharta Recipe is something I am really crazy about….
I just love the smokey flavor of it. The recipe that I am sharing with you today is best served along with paratha or, chapati whereas the normal plain bharta recipe is normally served along with khichdi. I like both versions of bharta because of its smokey flavor. Mostly people from Bihar/Jharkhand make the simple version of baingan ka bharta, and the people from Punjab makes the version that I am showing you.
Some people add ginger-garlic and masala as well. However I avoid using any of these things and the reason behind this is that these things take away the natural smokey flavor of the bharta and what you get is the typical flavor of the masalas.
So let’ s check out the recipe now….
- Brinjal/aubergine/eggplant - 1
- Onion - 2 finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 finely chopped
- Green chilli - 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - as per the tastes
- Rinse the baingan in water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Apply some oil all over and keep it for roasting on an open flame.
- Keep turning the eggplant after a 2 to 3 minutes on the flame, so that it gets cooked evenly.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.