- Fish – 1 Kg
- Mustard Paste – 2 tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Haldi Powder – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – as required
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 or 3
- Chopped Tomato – 2 medium size
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriander leaves – 4 tbsp
1. Cut, clean and wash fish pieces properly and place in a bowl or plate.
2. Mix 1.5 tsp haldi and 1.5 tsp salt in the fish pieces and keep it aside for about 10 minutes.
3. Deep fry the fish pieces in mustard oil.
4. Now heat 4 tbsp of mustard oil in a kadahi. Add mustard seeds, methi seeds and green chillis.
5. When seeds starts crackle, add 1 tsp haldi, tomato and salt.
6. Fry till tomato is tender. Add garlic paste and stir well for about 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Add mustard paste and red chilli powder. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
8. Add 3 cups of water in it and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Now add fried fish pieces,and boil for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
10.Now remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with plane rice.