- Milk-2 litres
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Chopped nuts to garnish (pista, almonds)
- Silver foil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- Boil half the milk and add the citric solution when it comes to boil.
- Switch off gas. Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water from it.
- Put the chenna in a plate and press down.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stir continuously.
- Now add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring well till it become lumpy.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and garnish the chopped nuts.
- Let it cool for sometime,cut it into pieces and serve.