Cooking time:- approx. 30 minutes
- Raw Kerala Banana – 2 pieces
- Coconut oil for deep frying or, any other vegetable oil of your choice. If you want to have the smell of Kerala you must use coconut oil.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of preparation:-
- Peel the banana and slice it into thin round pieces. You can use a slicer or, a knife to slice the banana. Just ensure that the pieces are thin.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the banana pieces.
- When it is 3/4 done, in a teaspoon of water add turmeric powder and salt and mix it well.
- Put this paste into the oil and fry again.
Caution:- When you add the mixture of water, turmeric powder and salt to hot oil, the oil will pop with a spluttering sound. Be cautious, lest the hot oil will pop onto your body and you might get burnt. It is advisable to cover the Kadai with a lit when you do this.