I always try to make some new recipe from the leftovers in the fridge. Its delicious, healthy and so easy to make. This recipe is perfect for breakfast.
Mostly this recipe is good for kids as well, sometime they will be too fussy to have just dal so it is a good way feed dal. (You just need to ensure that the leftover dal is not older than 12 hours.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Leftover Dal – ½ cup
- Chopped Onions – 1
- Chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Green chilli – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – ½ tsp
- Oil and ghee to roll paratha
- Ghee to cook paratha
- In a bowl add wheat flour, leftover daal, finely chopped onions, chopped coriander, chopped green chilli, salt, oil and ajwain.
- Now mix all the ingredients together and knead into a firm dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid & let it sit for about 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 equal size balls & roll each ball into a 6-7 inch circle using rolling pin.
- You can use dry wheat flour as required to roll the paratha.
- The paratha should be thicker than regular chapati you make.
- Heat the tava to a medium heat.
- Once hot put the paratha on the pan.
- Roast it for about a minute & then flip.
- While the other side is cooking, apply some butter/ghee to the top part of the paratha.
- Again flip & let the side with butter cook. repeat the same step with the other side too.
- Once both sides are well cooked, remove from pan.
- Now repeat the above steps to make the remaining paratha’s.
- You can refrigerate any leftover dough (the dough is good for 1-2 days if stored in refrigerator)