- Kala Chana (Black Chick Peas) : 125 gm
- Tomato : 3 medium
- Ginger : Lemon size
- Green Chili : 2
- Red Chili Powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
- Sendha Namak (Rock Salt) : as per taste
- Cooking Oil/Ghee : as per required
- Soak Kala Chana overnight.
- Wash chana with fresh water and pressure cook Kala Chana with water and sendha namak till 8 to 10 whistles.
- Make puree from tomatoes, ginger and green chili.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds in it.
- Add tomato puree in it and mix well.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, add sendha namak, red chili powder, and coriander powder in it. Mix well and let it cook on medium flame for another 5 minutes .
- Now add boiled Chana and mix well.(You can add little water if required or you can add the water in which you had boiled the chana).
- So here is your yummy Kala Chana for your Navratri Vrat.
Note:- Do not throw the water of boiled chana as you can use it later to cook this recipe.