I can never forget those breezy winters in Delhi. Me and my sister-in laws used to walk through the road in Dwarka, craving for Ram Ladoo and Aloo chat. Though I am fond of all kind of chaat items but these two were my favorite. Hot ram-ladoo topped up with green chutney and grated radish(mooli), has an amazing taste.
But guess what??? I don’t miss Delhi for that matter, since I have started making it at home and it’s very easy to make.
For the Ram Laddoo
- Dhuli moong dal/ yellow lentils-1/2 cup
- Chana dal/ bengal gram-1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
For spicy and tangy Green Chutney
- Mint leaves-1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves-1 cup
- Onion-3-4 tbsp
- Garlic pods-2
- Green chilies-5-6
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Amla-1 chopped
- Rock salt-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water-1/8 cup
- Radish grated
Grind together all the ingredients which is mention above to make green chutney using water.And the green chutney is ready.
- Wash and soak both the lentils separately for 3-4 hours.
- Decant the water completely and grind the lentils to a coarse paste.
- Mix the lentils and then beat them till the mixture attains a white color and becomes light and fluffy and the mixture should have a dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and using a spoon put the laddoos in the oil. The oil should be hot enough (use medium flame) so that when the laddoos are put they immediately rise to the surface.
- Deep fry till golden in color, at a time you can put 7-8 laddoos and remove in another plate .
- Serve hot with green chutney and grated radish.(If you want you can also sprinkle some chaat masala on top of it).