Cooking time: Approx. an hour after the rice is soaked.
- Rice – 1 Cup (Soaked for about an hour)
- Fried gram – 1 Cup (Powdered smooth)
- Hing (Asafoetida) -a pinch
- Cumin seeds -1tsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation:-
- Grind the rice by adding a very little amount of water such that the rice paste becomes a thick dough.
- In a bowl, add the rice paste, fried gram, butter, cumin seeds and the salt and knead well with your hands. Ensure that the mixture is soft.
- Put this murukku mixture in the murukku mould and press it into neat round shapes.
- Heat the oil, deep fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Break the fried murukku into small pieces and store in airtight container.
- In case you wish you can also retain it in the same shape.