Crispy and Crunchy……
What could be better in a nice evening with a slight drizzle, than a few nuggets and a cup of tea or, coffee.
My husband is too fond of nuggets. Rather I should put it as he is fond of vegetable nuggets these days because he doesn’t have a choice. 😆 His favorite used to be chicken nuggets and every time we went out to a shopping mall he would find a reason to get some chicken nuggets for himself. But gradually after he found me and my daughter eating vegetable nuggets and he being the odd man out, he switched to vegetable nuggets along with us. A loving husband he is…
My daughter used to eat everything when she was small, but just like every growing up kid, it became more and more difficult to make her eat vegetables as she grew up. It was KFC who gave me this idea of making nuggets because I found that she liked it. And thus came the idea of making nuggets at home. Nuggets goes well along with fried rice as well.
- To make the mixture:
- Potato - 2 boiled and mashed
- Capsicum / bell pepper - 1 finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 big finely chopped
- Garlic cloves - 5-6 crushed
- All purpose seasoning - 1 tsp
- Parsley Fresh or dried - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp optional
- Salt - as per the taste
- Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - small block grated or crumbled
- Amul processed cheese - 1 cube Grated
- Bread slices / bread crumbs - 3 slices
- Corn flour - 1 to 2 tbsp
To Deep fry:
- Corn flour - 2 tsp dissolved in half cup of water
- Cornflakes crumbs - as per your requirement
- Oil - to deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan, saute crushed garlic, capsicum and carrot so that there is no moisture.
- Once done let it cool down and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Now add the mashed potato and all the other ingredients to the sauted mixture.(except the oil to deep fry, cornflour dissolved in water, corn flake crumbs).
- After mixing everything, take a tablespoon of the veggie mixture and give it a nugget shape.
- Then , dip the nuggets in the cornflour dissolved in water and coat it with corn flake crumbs.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the mixture.
- Now freeze the nuggets for about half an hour.
- After half and hour take it out from the freeze and set aside for 5 minutes
- Now heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and deep fry them on high flame.
- Vegetable nuggets are ready to serve.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.