Usually people don’t like the taste of Soya nuggets, which is actually a very healthy and very rich in protein. Soyabean is considered as a strong defender for heart disease, cholesterol and high blood pressure. So today I am presenting a very different way of making soyabean biryani recipe.And I am sure after having this biryani once, you are not going to say that you do not want soyabean.
- Soya Chunks – 3 cups cooked
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 3 large thinly sliced
- Onion -2 large for deep frying
- Corn flour-1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblspn
- Tomatoes – 5 large chopped
- Green Chilli – 3 (slit )
- Mint Leaves – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro – ½ cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil-3 to 4 tsp
- Butter or Ghee – 2 tblspn
- Biryani masala-4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Star Anise – 1 piece
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Wash basmati rice and soak it for 30 minute. Drain and set aside till use.
- Heat butter and oil in a vessel. Add all wholes spices in the list and saute for 1 minute.
- Add onions and green chilli and saute till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes gets mashed.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add biryani masala and mix well ,cook until the masala leaves oil.
- Add curd, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt , kasturi methi ,ghee mix well.
- Add cooked soya chunks and soaked drained rice and mix well.
- Pour 3 cups of water and and cover the vessel for 5 minutes and then uncover , stir once and then let it cook without cover untill the rice is well cooked and absorbed all the water.
- Mix some onion in the cornflour and deep fry the onions till golden brown. Mix this fried onions over the rice and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with coriander mixed with mint chutney or Raita.
You can read the biryani masala recipe in this post