I had creamy pasta once, in one of my favorite restaurant in Bangalore. I could not resist myself from having it, since the aroma of the herbs and olive oil was filling the whole space and inviting everybody there to try it out. Though i used to prepare pasta very often for my daughter, but it was never this tasty. But today when i tried this recipe again with the herbs like thyme, basil and oregano the pasta tasted great. So try this recipe and enjoy its aroma and taste.
How to cook pasta
- Penne Pasta – 125 gram
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
Method to boil Pasta :-
- In a wide pan, boil plenty of water, add salt and 1/2 tsp oil.
- Now add the pasta and cook till the pasta is soft but firm.
- Stir in between to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- After it is cooked, drain it in a colander and pour cold water on it.
- Mix another 1/2 tsp oil to it and keep it aside. (You can reserve the water in which pasta was cooked as we might want require it later)
Ingredients to cook Vegetables :-
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Red – half
- Yellow capsicum – half
- Sweet corn – 1/3 cup
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt as required
- Oregano -3/4 tsp or to taste
- Thyme – 1 tsp (is an herb with culinary, medicinal and ornamental uses)
Method to cook vegetables :-
- Heat oil in a pan, saute garlic for a few seconds, then add capsicum, corn.
- Cook uncovered till done.
- Do not overcook the vegetables.
- The vegetables should retain its crunchiness.
- Add oregano, thyme,salt and pepper powder as per your taste. Keep it aside.
Ingredients to prepare White sauce :-
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cornflour or maida – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 1/2 cup (boiled and cooled)
- Cheese – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper powder as per your taste
- Mixed Italian herbs or Oregano and dried basil (as per your taste)
Method to prepare White sauce :-
- In a pan, melt butter, simmer and add cornflour or maida .
- Stir continuously.
- Saute till it changes color slightly.
- Now add 1/2 cup of cold milk and stir continuously with a whisk to prevent formation of lumps.
- When it starts thickening, add the remaining milk gradually stirring continuously with the whisk.
- Bring it to boil, reduce the flame, add cheese, salt, pepper powder and herbs as per your taste.
- Cook for few more minutes, till it thickens and switch off the gas. (If it is too thick, you can add the water reserved while cooking pasta and heat it again).
- Now mix all the three in a pan, heat it, top it with grated cheese and serve hot.(If you have oven Transfer to a baking pan, top it with grated cheese and bake in a preheated (180 degree C) for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has slightly browned).