Whole moong dal kadi is a tasty quick Indian recipe. Whenever I feel lazy and not in mood of preparing many items I prefer making simple dal kadi and I will have it along with plain rice, raw onion and papad. It is basicallly a combination of whole green moong dal and curd. It goes well with rice.
- Whole green grams (moong) 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Skimmed milk yogurt (Curd) 1 1/2 cups
- Gram flour (besan) 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli paste 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves 3-4
- Cinnamon 1- inch stick
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Soak the grams in two cups of water for about an hour.
- Drain, add two cups of water and salt and boil till the grams become soft.
- Take yogurt in a bowl. Add salt, gram flour, turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chilli paste and whisk well. Add sugar and one cup of water and mix again.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and saute.
- Add the yogurt mixture and cook till the gram flour gets cooked. Add a little water to correct the consistency.
- Add the grams and cook for three to four minutes on medium heat. Serve hot.