Lemon rice is a delicious South Indian Recipe made with steamed rice, flavored with lemon juice. Lemon gives this rice an amazing tangy flavor and freshness.
It’s been almost 3 weeks and my husband continues to struggle with the same problem. And it looks like, to some extent, I am also going that same route. 🙁
Guessing what it could be, right?
It’s that irritating flu because of allergies. I feel really bad when he goes down with flu. Because it’s not like the common cold and cough. He very rarely catches common cold.
But this allergic flu strikes about 2-3 times in a month itself.
As a matter of fact, most people in Bangalore face a similar problem. Just that my hubby is a little too sensitive and I become all the more upset when I see his swollen watery eyes, frequent running nose and swollen face.
I at times wonder what we have made of our environment. In spite of all the calling from people to save nature and help preserve our environment, I still see people ignoring it as if it is not meant for them and as if they are destined to leave earth for some other planet.
There is mass usage of plastics and no proper disposal, polluting vehicles with no proper checks from even the authorities and what not.
Anyways, I ensure that I don’t get swayed away with all of this happening around and that I do my bit to save the environment. I also ensure that I teach my daughter these good habits and tell her why we are doing it so that she understands.
Lemon Rice Recipe – Lemon Flavored Rice Recipe
I frequently use left over rice to make lemon rice recipe. I do not like throwing away food and since serving and eating left over rice is a little difficult and nobody at home prefers it.
So, instead of forcibly eating it I make lemon rice out of it and everybody likes it.
Lemon rice recipe is simple and will be liked by most, even by kids primarily because of its tangy taste.
Lemon Rice Recipe – Lemon Flavored Rice RecipePrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Lime juice - 1/4 cup
- Dry Red Chilli - 3
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 tsp
- Black Gram urad dal - 1 tsp (split and skinned)
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup optional
- Cashewnuts - 1 tbsp optional
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Curry Leaves - few
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Green Chilli - 5 slit in between
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame seed oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Saute peanuts in 1/2 tsp oil until brown and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering add urad dal chana dal, red chilli and asafoetida.
- When dal turns slightly brown, add green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, curry leaves and finely chopped onion.
- Saute until the onions are slightly golden brown.
- Add lemon juice and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add the seasoning and peanuts to the cooked rice and mix everything well. Taste it.
- If reqired add more salt and lemon juice.
- Serve with coconut chuntey and papads.
You can also use cashew nuts for this recipe.
Do not cook after adding lemon.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????