Mint and Lemon together makes a very refreshing drink, not only does it freshen you up but it cleanses your whole system by detoxifying. Mint Lemonade is one of those drink which is very easy to make and its a perfect drink for summer. It tastes so refreshing and bright. Mint Lemonade is perfect to serve at parties as well.
I got the inspiration to make this drink and sharing with you all, after I drank this for the first time at Barley and Grapes Cafe Restaurant in Bangalore.
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 6 cups
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 cups
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes – as per required
- Keep some extra mint to garnish
- Also sliced lemon 1/4-inch thick to garnish
- Salt – 2 pinch (optional)
- First of all to make simple syrup place 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar gets dissolve.
- Let it cool down.
- Place lemon juice in a large pitcher or jug.
- Add remaining 4 cups water and 1 cup of the simple syrup or more as per your taste.
- Add mint to it and mix well.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices.
- If you want you can refrigerate the drink for some time before serving.
- You can taste and check, if you need more sweetness, you can add more sugar syrup if required.
- If you are in hurry and want to serve this chilled drinks to your guest then syrup is the best way to sweeten cold beverages and avoid undissolved sugar granules in the bottom of your pitcher.
- Ensure to refresh the mint leafs before serving.