There are many people who doesn’t like to have mooli because of its smell. But I must tell you that the worser the smell the better the tastes. I personally like any recipe made out of mooli and Mooli ki Sabzi is one of those recipe. Mooli can also be eaten raw especially when it is fresh. Winter is when you get fresh and new radish, so that is the best time to buy mooli.
- Mooli radish - 2 Cups (chopped)
- Molli leaves - 5 cups chopped
- Onion - 1 large finely chopped
- Green Chilies - 4-5 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil/refined oil - 4 tbsp
- Peel and wash the radish.
- Rinse the leaves and Chop finely.
- Chop the radish also finely.
- Take a pan and heat mustard oil till the raw smell goes off.
- Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add jeera to it.
- Once jeera starts spluttering add onion and green chilli
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add the radish along with the chopped leaves. stir.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook for few minutes on a medium flame stirring in between.
- After that remove the lid and let the released water get evaporated.
- When the radish gets completely cooked, remove from fire.
- Serve mooli ki sabzi along with hot chapatis.
- This can also be served as a side dish along with rice and some curry.