Sweet potatoes have lots of nutrients that makes it a wonderful choice of food for your baby. They are a good source of beta carotene as well as potassium and has a good amount of Vitamin E, calcium and folate and are high in Vitamin A .
Of a lot of other food this was also one of my favorite food as a child. Earlier my mom and I used to have sweet potato with milk whenever we are fasting. So I am too fond of this and prefer making it more often. 🙂 This simple recipe can be eaten at any time. If you mash sweet potato and banana and make a kind of puree then this is a good option for Babies as well.
This dish is normally made with the red skinned sweet potatoes. The Sweet Potatoes with Milk and banana is prepared with no effort, as it hardly takes 15 min to prepare.
And most of all banana, makes this sweet potato recipe so yummy and tasty. This recipe is a good option for breakfast and can also be served as a dessert.
See the details of the recipe below:-
- Sweet Potatoes red skinned - 1-2 medium size
- Milk - as per required
- Banana - 1
- Sugar or jaggery - as per the taste
- Cut sweet potatoes in two or three pieces.
- In a medium size saucepan, add sweet potatoes with water and boil on low heat until done.
- Once done set aside and let it cool down.
- Drain water from sweet potatoes and peel, set aside.
- In another saucepan, add milk and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled let the milk cool down.
- Now in a mixing bowl add milk, banana, sweet potato, and sugar. (add milk depending upon the required consistency)
- Now mash the riped banana and sweet potato with hand so as to form a nice paste.
- If you have fresh cream available then you can top it up with fresh cream while serving, as it tastes great.
- Serve hot or chilled. (I prefer having it chilled)
- You can serve it for breakfast or as a dessert.
- Kids will love it.
You can increase or decrease the quantity of any of those 4 ingredients as per you requirement.
If you want some different flavor then you can add little cardamom powder to it.
If you like this post, please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks.