Beetroot Thoran Recipe is a Kerala side dish made with finely chopped beetroot and lots of grated coconuts. The addition of coconut oil in this recipe gives this dish an amazing taste.
About Kerala Beetroot Thoran Recipe:
Beetroot Thoran is a combination of beetroot, coconut, and some India Spices. In Kerala, any vegetable that is stir-fried along with grated coconut is called “Thoran”. Thoran is an authentic traditional side dish normally served along with Steamed rice and some curry.
Personally, I like Beetroot Thoran more when it is served with Boiled Rice, Kerala Moong Dal Parippu, Papadam, and Ghee. I just love this combination.
The addition of this recipe to your normal diet gives you lots of health benefits. This recipe has the goodness of beetroot and coconut both. So let’s jump on to the recipe now. And of course, do try this recipe and let us know, how it turned out for you.
Kerala Beetroot Thoran Recipe
- 2 cups Beetroot Medium Size, finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic roughly crushed
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Curry Leaves few
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil in the kadhai.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Let it splutter.
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering add curry leaves to it and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped beetroot and give it a nice stir. Keep the flame low, cover and let it cook.
- In the meanwhile, in a plate add grated coconut, crushed garlic, turmeric powder, salt, and red chilli powder. Mix everything well with your hand.
- Once the beetroot gets cooked, add the coconut mixture to it and mix well.
- Cook for few more minutes stirring in between.
- Once done switch off the gas.
- Serve hot along with hot rice and any curry of your choice.
- But this side dish goes really well along with Kerala parippu, boiled rice and papadam.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.