I and my daughter, both of us are absolute fans of Smoothies and it’s been some time that I have been thinking of posting some of the recipes. There are a few smoothies that I make very frequently and I am sure a lot of you will love those. I will be posting the recipe for these in the next few days.
This smoothie today is one of the simplest ones you could make and it’s a 5 ingredient smoothie. Pretty much everything that is required should be available at home and hence you can just make it anytime you need. I have not used Sugar in this because I wanted to keep it healthy. For all of you who are health conscious or, diet conscious.. this will be a good health drink with all its goodness. But if you prefer adding sugar to sweeten it, then you can always do it.
Another variation you can do in this one is to blend some of the crushed Choco-powder to the rest of the ingredients when you are blending them. That will give it a unique taste but it will lose the natural taste of Banana and Cherry because anything chocolate flavored tends to overshadow the other flavors. And that is primarily why I didn’t do that.
Let us get straight onto the recipe and enjoy a cool glass of Banana Cherry Smoothie..
Cherry Banana Smoothie | Video Recipe
- Frozen Bananas - 4 small
- Frozen Cherries - 40 pieces
- Protein powder - 2 scoops
- Milk - 2 glass
- Sugar - optional
- Plain cornflackes - 4 tbsp
- Chocos - 4 tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds - to garnish
- Almonds - few to garnish thinly sliced
- Combine the banana, cherries, protein powder and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend until you get the consistency you are looking for, you can add more milk for a more liquid texture.
- Pour smoothie into the glasses
- Sprinkle the powdered cornflakes, powdered chocos and top with pomegranate and almonds.
- So the healthy smoothie is ready to serve now.Enjoy!!!
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????