Gobi paratha recipe is a tasty recipe made with cauliflower. It tastes great if served along with curd, pickle, raita or sauce. After sattu ka paratha , gobi ka paratha is what I like the most. You can make these parathas for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
As another year dawns and we say goodbye to 2017, it is time for us all to reflect on the year that just went by and do a thorough review of how it was.
I am sure there would have been a lot of things that didn’t go well and then there would be a lot of things that went well. Whatever the results were, all of those experiences are learnings for us which will help us do better in the new year.
I have seen a lot of people preaching that you shouldn’t really look at the failures. Rather you should take the positives from the last year and start the new year on that positive note.
But I have a slightly different view to it. Every year, I ensure that I take time out to review all my failures. Because that gives me the blueprint of what I need to improve on or, rather how to do it better so that the next time I don’t fail.
Looking back at the failures helps me tell myself that I was courageous enough to try something and fail and yet pick myself up and start again. And that gives me the confidence to ensure that I try things and not defer it just because I am worried I would fail.
In fact, this is the advice I give my daughter as well. I feel that doing this small activity every year, makes me a stronger and better person.
This year was, in fact, a very good year for us. We missed a few goals that we had set this blog here but we met a lot of others.
One of the biggest achievements was getting the Tastes of India Podcast listed on the “New and Noteworthy” section of iTunes.
We were also able to fulfill our long-time dream of buying our own house, which I felt was an achievement in itself. There were many other things that we were able to achieve which I think can be considered for another post.
But before I get onto this week’s recipe, I just wanted to tell you all that the Christmas celebration for this year was an absolutely unforgettable experience in our apartment complex.
One of our apartment mate dressed up as Santa and went around to all houses. When we moved onto the next house, everybody from that house followed us. At the end, we found that there were more than 60 people accompanying Santa to go to the next house… It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed every bit of it..
Gobi Paratha Recipe – How to Make Cauliflower Stuffed Flatbread
Gobi paratha is an Indian Flatbread stuffed with spicy cauliflower filling. Gobi ka paratha is very famous in North, especially in Delhi. Gobhi paratha is something which is a regular in the menu of North Indian homes. Usually, these parathas are served for breakfast, but this can also be served as a lunch or dinner. It tastes really great along with curd, raita, pickle or sauce.
- Whole wheat flour - 3 cups + for dusting
- Cauliflower - 1 medium grated
- Fresh coriander leaves - 1 small bunch finely chopped
- Green chillies - 3 finaly chopped
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp or as per required
- Ginger - 1/2 inch grated
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp to mix dough
- Oil - for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Water - to knead dough
- In a medium bowl add wheat flour, salt and ghee.
- Knead the wheat flour with water to a smooth dough. cover and set aside.
- Take a bowl, add the grated cauliflower, chopped green chilies, garam masala, ginger, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- Take a medium sized ball from the dough.
- Using the palm and your fingers press and spread the dough into a small round shaped puri.
- Add a few tablespoons of the grated gobi/cauliflower mix in the center and then close and seal it gently by pressing the edges together. (Ensure that not to overstuff the paratha and it doesn,t tear in between)
- Now gently roll the stuffed parathas to a size of a chapati or roti. (take care that the filling does not ooze out or tears the dough)
- Now heat tawa and roast the gobi paratha with oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve gobi paratha hot along with yogurt(curd), pickle, raita or white butter.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
[amazon_link asins=’B003SLDNGG,B00ADKKFAM,B01GY7K1MY’ template=’MyPicksTemplate’ store=’toi-picksin’ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’a8710419-e99f-11e7-93e5-b35d6a37c173′]
If you found this post useful, I would really love, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you!