Instant Jalebi Recipe is a crispy, crunchy, juicy mouthwatering traditional Indian Sweet made by deep frying flour batter in a circular shape which are then soaked in sugar syrup.
Finally, the tickets are booked, which means it’s time to go back.
The countdown has begun, and the situation is, every morning when I wake up, I start counting days on my fingers, as the thought that only a few days are left now, flashes through my mind.
Usually, I wake up by 7:30 in the morning, but today I woke up at 6 ‘0 clock. In fact I wasn’t able to sleep with the thought in mind that I am going to leave here, very soon now.
Didn’t know how 5 months passed so fast. “Time Flies”
In fact, despite being indoors we really enjoyed our stay here.
This time we celebrated many festivals, and birthday’s here. That too without any outdoor food, sweets, snacks.
And of course without any social gathering too.
From food to decoration. Everything was homemade. Whatever we used to eat outside till now, were all home-made now. Be it street food or fast food, from paani puri to cheese burst pizza, EVERYTHING!!
Although sweets shops were also open at the time of Lockdown and food is also being delivered, but then we chose to avoid outside food during this Pandemic.
And I think that is the right decision we made.
Though as per our initial plans, we had plans of going somewhere on an outing, during our visit to Kolkata.
But then I have no regret, because perhaps we could never spend so much time with each other until this day. And this pandemic just about gave us that opportunity.
“They say that if a person wants to be happy, then he or she can be happy in every small thing. Yes, it is difficult, but it is not impossible also.
But still, don’t know why “Ye Dil Mange More”. I mean, still my heart says it was not enough.
Now only 15 days are left and I really want to live those days again.
I would advise all my lovely readers also, to avoid stepping outside from your house until and unless it is very important for you to go out.
Thanks to the technology and advancement….
Many companies are giving the facility to work from home.
There is an online services available to buy groceries, daily needs etc.
Then why to go out? until you have an emergency….
We all know that work from home is not an option available to everybody, especially for the people who are working in the Government sector, doctors, police and many others.
At least we should think about them and we should not crowd everywhere for some small or, silly thing which can be done by staying at home.
Is that too much to ask? What’s your thought? Comment below and let me know.
With that, let us get onto this week’s recipe.
Instant Jalebi Recipe – How to Make Jalebi at Home
Jalebi is a popular Indian Sweet Recipe made by deep-frying a flour batter in a circular shape and then soaking in a juicy sugar syrup.
Jalebi is always considered, as a tricky recipe to handle. But not anymore, Let us learn how to make Instant Jalebi Recipe during this Lockdown period.
So again, no need to go outside now.
Make some homemade Instant Jalebi for yourself or for your Family. Trust me they are really good.
Yes, you might not get the perfect shape of Jalebi, just like mine.
But does shape really matter to you?
For me what really matters is the TASTE!!!
These crispy swirls , dipped in sugar syrup tastes heavenly. Have it hot, have it with rabadi, have it with curd or milk or just straight out of the syrup.
Have it any way you want, but it tastes out of the world.
For the past 5 months, me and my sister made Jalebis at every chance we got.
So you would have understood how easy it is to make and how tasty it is to eat.
Go ahead and make them and eat them.
And don’t forget to comment and also do give us a rating. We would love to hear from you.
So, I hope you enjoy these Instant jalebi Recipe.
Happy Independence Day!
Instant Jalebi Recipe
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1 pinch Baking Soda optional
- 2 1/2 spoon Water or as required
For Sugar Syrup
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 nos Green Cardamom
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl add maida and curd. Mix well
- Add baking soda and water and give it a nice mix.
- The batter should be of thick dropping consistency.
- Cover and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In order to make a quick piping bag you can use any used clean polythene, like that of cover of rice dal etc.
- And make a cone out of it.(a simpler version will be to use the cover as is and cut a small incision on one of the corners.
- Now pour only enough batter into the cone so that you can tie the other end with a rubber band.(you can pour batter in tomato ketchup bottles or in any squeezable bottle you have).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Squeeze the cone and make round spirals with the batter. (keep the oil at medium hot)
- When one side is partly cooked, turn over and fry the other side until the jalebis are light golden.
- The last 1 minute, turn the flame to low and fry jalebi. This helps to make them extra crisp.
- Once done take it out and immediately drop the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup for 30 seconds.
- Turn over so that both sides are well coated with the syrup.
- So the Jalebis are ready to be served.
- Serve jalebis hot, warm or at room temperature.
You Might Also Want To Try:
Gur Ka Pua – How to Make Gulgula Recipe
Beetroot Halwa Recipe
Gajar ka Halwa
Sweet Pongal Recipe
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.