Low Carb Eggplant tawa pizza recipe is a low carb diet recipe which is a good lunch or, dinner substitute when you are on a low carb diet.
I was always of the impression, that pizza is something that everybody likes, but I was wrong. I know three people in my family who do not like pizzas. Among three of them, one of them is my dear father and the two are also my relatives. They say it’s just another form of bakery bread and since they wouldn’t prefer eating bakery bread in whatever form, they wouldn’t prefer having pizza at all. Strange isn’t it?????
I am sure there will be many more like them who might not like Pizza.
But I think it’s ok, everybody has their own choices and tastes. Even the tastiest thing in the world which you would fall for anytime, could probably be just another tasteless thing for some other people.
By the way, do you also know someone who does not like pizzas?
Anyways, pizza is not something which is considered as a healthy recipe. It has lot of carb and also lots of cheese (fats), which together is a harmful combination for our health.
But there is this one pizza which can be eaten if you are on a Low Carb Diet. And you won’t believe me, it too has lots and lots of cheese.
And it is so very tasty that you will ask for more.
I won’t say that you can substitute this for the normal pizza, but I can bet that after seeing this recipe I am sure you would want to go on a low carb diet. Yes, it is that tasty.
Low Carb Eggplant Tawa Pizza Recipe
Eggplant tawa pizza is an easy to make low carb recipe. This is made with thinly sliced eggplant tossed with some cottage cheese and shredded cheese. This recipe is considered as a low-carb high-fat recipe and is a good recipe if you are on a Low Carb diet.
I had a lot of these when I was on the low carb diet and I simply loved these.
Since I wanted to reduce a little more, I used very less cheese and this is an option you too can go with.
Serve this fresh and hot, else you might miss the “YUM” in the recipe.
- Eggplant - 1
- Cottage Cheese/Paneer - 3/4 cup
- Tomato Sauce - 1/3 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Shredded Cheese - 3/4 cup
- Fresh Oregano - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil/Olive Oil/Butter - 3 tablespoon
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add ginger-garlic paste. Saute.
- Now add chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese and fry. Add tomato sauce and seasoning. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplants about 1/2 cm thick and coat with oil. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the tawa or pan for 2 minutes.
- Spread the eggplant slices all over the tava and cover it with a glass or metal lid.(Keep it on a medium flame)
- Cook until done turning in between, ensuring both the sides are well cooked.(If needed you can smear some more oil)
- Now apply tomato sauce. Top it with the cottage cheese mixture and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle oregano and chili flakes and cover the tawa with a lid again and wait for the cheese to melt.
- So the eggplant tawa pizza is ready to serve.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????