In my last post I had spoken about the new member in our family. There was a grand pizza party that was announced by the new father. We all were very excited for the pizza party that night. But what happened then was so annoying. While trying to order pizza we got to know that they do not have their outlets near our house and so they cannot deliver. We were always used to going to the restaurant and this was the first time that we tried getting it delivered.
I got very upset with this, because I did not plan anything for dinner. I thought I can escape, at least for one day from the kitchen.
The problem was that we couldn’t even drive down to the restaurant at that time, that too on a Saturday with the kind of traffic here in Bangalore. Also the new Mom, wouldn’t be able to accompany us to the restaurant which would have meant that the entire purpose of eating out together would be defeated.
My daughter too was eagerly waiting for the Pizza to come. And when I informed her about the flopped plan she also became sad.
I did not want to disappoint her and so I decided I’ll make pizza at home. It was around 9:30 at night, we quickly went to the super store nearby our house and bought a pizza mix, some paneer and cheese and some veggies.
This was the first time I was making Pizza at home. And as expected the first one was a disaster. I had started worrying about this plan also flopping.
But I am supposed to be a STRONG Mom (as per my daughter’s description). So I did not loose hope and put everything I had into the third pizza and that came out really well. It was very soft and everybody in my family liked it very much.
Needless to say, my daughter became a fan of my pizza. And she said Mama, why can’t we make it at home more often. I smiled at her and said I will do so from now on. She helped me a lot while I was making the pizza. It was really fun making pizza along with her.
How To Make Pizza With Pillsbury Tawa Pizza Base Mix
This pizza recipe is an outcome of the experience of what happened on Saturday. While making pizzas using a pizza mix shouldn’t be very difficult if you follow the instructions on the box, it doesn’t always turn out to be that easy.
I have experienced this on multiple occasions and most of these ready mixes, in spite of coming with easy instructions turn out to be a difficult experience.
So, I thought of recording this video to show all of you who have had similar experiences with ready made mixes, how to make pizza with Pillsbury Tawa pizza base mix.
And because I learnt from the disaster on Saturday, I ensured that I jot down everything that I should be cautious about and prevent that from happening.
Another thing that I did a little differently was with the cheese topping. I spread cheese as the topmost layer so that it melts down into the vegetables and Paneer and keeps them from falling off the crust. I enjoyed this different approach.
Enjoy the tasty Pizza recipe!!
How To Make Pizza With Pillsbury Tawa Pizza Base Mix – Step by Step VideoPrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Pillsbury Tawa Pizza Base Mix - 300 gm
- Green Bell Pepper - 1 thinly sliced
- Red Bell Pepper - 1 thinly sliced
- Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 thinly sliced
- Onion - 1 thinly sliced
- Paneer Cubes - 200 gm
- Tomato/Pizza Sauce - as required
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese - as required
- Oregano Seasoning - as required
- Chili Flakes - as required
- Cooking Oil - 4 tbsp
- Water - 300 ml
- In a large bowl add pillsbury tawa pizza base mix.
- Add 300 ml water or as much as you would add while making roti. Knead until the dough is smooth like roti dough.
- Now divide the dough into 4 equal parts and make a ball out of it.
- Now roll each ball with a rolling pin and flatten it to the size of a medium pizza, with flour dusting if needed.
- Pre-heat the tawa or pan for 2 minutes. Smear 1 tbsp of oil on the pre-heated tawa.
- Cook the flattened pizza base on the tawa for 1 minute.
- Flip the base and apply tomato or pizza sauce. Top it with grated cheese and chopped vegetables.
- Cover the tawa with a glass or metal lid and wait for the cheese to melt. approx. 3-4 minutes.
- So the pizza is ready, slice the pizza and serve hot.
MY PICK FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????