Minty Soya Chunks Pulao is a lovely combination of Soya Chunks, Vegetables and Dry Fruits. Adding Soya Chunks to the pulao can satisfy those who are vegetarian.
The reason why I named it “Minty Soya Chunks Pulao” is, because I have added Mint to this pulao which gives a nice flavor and aroma to the rice.
This can be eaten along with any kind of spicy curry. This recipe does not fall into the category of the healthy recipe because because it has a lot of ghee in it.But you can always decide on the amount of ghee you want to use and make it a healthier recipe.
Minty Soya Chunks Pulao Recipe below:
To cook rice:
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup soaked in water for about 30 min
- Water - 4 cup
- Cinnamon - 1 piece
- Black Cardamom - 2
- Green Cardamom - 3
- Cloves - 2
- Pepper corns- 1/2 tsp
- Javitri - 1 small piece
- Oil - 1/2 tsp If you add oil while boiling rice, the rice will not stick to each other
To fry vegetables:
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Green Peas - 1/3 cup
- Beans - 1/4 cup chopped
- Mint leaves - handful
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
To fry Soya Chunks:
- Soya Chunks - 50 gms
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger- Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp optional
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
To fry onion:
- Onion - 1 big thinly sliced
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp optional
- Oil - to deep fry
To fry Dry Fruits :
- Cashew nuts - 12 broken
- Raisins - 3 tbsp
- Almonds - 2 tbsp chopped
- Ghee to fry - 1 tbsp
- In a plate mix onion and cornflour. (adding cornflour will make the onion crispy)
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the onion till golden brown.
- Take it out in the plate and set aside.
- Boil 4 cup water with salt, oil and spices mentioned above.
- Add rice and cook until 70% done.
- Drain excess water from the rice and set aside.
- Boil water by adding little salt in it.
- Soak soya chunks for about 15 minutes in the boiled water.
- After 15 minutes take them out and squeeze the excess water.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of ghee in a pan add soyabean to it.
- Add turmeric Powder, garam Masala powder, Pepper powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Shallow fry soya chunks for about 5 minutes.
- Once done take it out in a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1/2 tbsp of ghee again and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds starts spluttering add ginger-garlic paste and saute.
- Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add carrot, beans, and peas and fry for few minutes.(Do not overcook)
- Add chopped mint leaves and saute for a minute.
- Once done set aside.
- Now in a big kadahi or a pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and fry cashew, almond and raisins till golden brown.
- Add fried soya chunks, cooked vegetables and cooked rice and mix well.
- At last add fried onion and mix well.
- Serve hot with some spicy egg curry, paneer curry or the curry of your choice.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.