Pineapple rava kesari is a tasty Indian recipe and is a combination of rava and pineapple. I just love pineapple kesari, infact I should say I like the pineapple flavor primarily because I love the fruit very much. So anything which has pineapple flavor in it , I would any day consider it as my favorite.
Pineapple Kesari is very famous in South India. You would find people serving Pineappple kesari mostly in all big functions like marriages as a sweet dish.
- Rava sooji/semolina - 1/2 cup
- Pineapple - 1/2 cup chopped
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts- 1 tbsp chopped
- Raisins - 3 tsp
- Almonds - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Ghee - 1/2 cup + 1 tsp
- Yellow food color or kesari color - 1 drop or a pinch
- Water - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Heat a tsp of oil and fry cashew nuts on low heat until golden brown and set aside.
- Take a pan, heat 1-2 tsp ghee and fry rava until you get the nice aroma.
- Take it out from the kadai and set aside.
- Now in the same kadai add sugar, water, pineapple pieces, cardamom powder along with 1 tsp of ghee and bring it to boil on a high flame.
- Let the pineapple cook properly.
- Add the kesar color.
- Now simmer and add the fried rava little by little into the boiling syrup water ensuring that the lumps are not getting formed.
- Add half of the fried nuts and ghee and stir properly.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes till the rawa is cooked well and the water is absorbed.
- Now add rest of the ghee and mix well.
- Kesari is ready once the mixture leaves the sides of pan without sticking.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with the remaining fried cashew and raisins.
- Serve hot or cold.
Quantity of sugar and ghee is more important in this recipe to make proper kesari.
But if you want you can always add less sugar and ghee if you are health conscious.
If you found this post useful, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you!