Do we know that Ginger that we use in most of the recipes, has lots of Health Benefits. Ginger is useful for curing many common diseases and is widely used in India for home remedies. So today I am going to tell you about 12 health benefits of ginger.
Yes, Ginger in addition to being used as a spice can also be used for its therapeutic qualities. The underground stem (rhizome) of Ginger is part of the Zingiberaceae family, as are cardamom, turmeric and galangal. Ginger has lot of amazing health benefits and can be used fresh, powdered, dried, or as an oil or juice.
Below are 12 benefits of Ginger :-
- Anti cancer – It has been proven that ginger can act to literally obliterate ovarian cancer cells by eradicating the cancer cells.
- Motion sickness and nausea remedy – Several studies have proven that ginger is very effective to prevent morning sickness.
- Prevent gas and bloating – A cup of Ginger tea before going to bed helps to neutralize gases from forming in your digestive system, and drinking ginger tea on a regular basis should cut down on the amount of gas you have .
- Reduce pain and inflammation – A cup of Ginger tea also helps you get rid of tiredness, itching, swelling and puffiness of sore muscles and joints.
- Cold and flu prevention and treatment – If you are suffering from cough and a runny nose then drink a cup of ginger tea. It helps to loosen phlegm and relax the respiratory system. It imparts warmness to the body and you would feel fresh.
- Migraine relief – Ginger can act as a natural pain reliever, no matter what kind of pain you are suffering from. So start your morning with a cup of ginger tea and see the difference.
- Menstrual cramp relief – Two cups of freshly made ginger tea along with brown sugar helps the body to wash away all the waste and relieves the blockages. Antispasmodic properties of ginger come to aid to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Prevention of diabetic neuropathy – Diabetic neuropathy is a complication that is developed as an after effect of diabetes which can be prevented by the use of ginger.
- Boost immune system – Ginger contains antioxidants that boost the immune system.
- Antibiotic – Ginger serves as a good antibiotic for stomach and throat infections, thanks to its medicinal properties.
- Heart health – Ginger is important for heart health. A cup of ginger tea daily will cut the risk of a stroke as well as fatty deposits in the arteries. Ginger tea also lowers cholesterol levels.
- Weight Loss – Ginger is also a good fat burner and can be a good inclusion for a Low carb diet, if you are dieting. Including ginger in your diet well make you feel full which in turn helps you eat less and feel fuller longer. Since your overall calorie intake is reduced there is a direct impact on weight loss.
Some of the side effects of ginger tea :-
- Ginger tea can cause restlessness and sleeplessness.
- It is advisable to avoid ginger tea during pregnancy or if you want to then consult your doctor.
- Do not drink ginger tea in an empty stomach, as it can cause stomach upset.
- Over dose of ginger tea can cause diarrhea, irritation, nausea and heartburn.
- Ginger tea is not good for gallstones patients.