Punjabi Bhindi Masala Recipe is a side dish from Punjab made with bhindi (okra) cooked in a spicy masala. It goes very well with chapatis, rotis or puri. You can also have masala bhindi along with plain rice-dal,sambhar-rice etc.
Prep time: 20
Total time: 50
- Bhindi – 400 gms
- Onion – 3 Large (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 Large (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 3 (chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fresh Ginger Garlic paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Kasturi Methi – 1 tbsp
- Chicken masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt – as per the taste
- Wash bhindi properly and pat dry.
- Cut both ends of bhindi and cut into 1″ pieces and slit in between.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadahai and saute bhindi until light golden brown and keep it aside.
- While frying bhindi , finelly chop onion, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves.
- Now in a same pan add remaining oil, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add onion, green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes soft or light brown.
- Add red chilli, coriander powder, chicken masala powder,turmeric powders & kasturi methi, mix well.
- Add tomato, salt and cook cover until tomato gets mashed.
Add bhindi and mix well, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes in a medium flame .
- Add garam masala, amchur powder and mix well, cover and cook for another minute, add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti/paratha, puri or rice.