Nothing is as refreshing as water melon, in the scorching heat in summers. The fruit is a big green ball of sweet pink water but with a lot of benefits. It is a rich source of Vitamin A (an antioxidant), Vitamin B which is acts a strong energy booster, Vitamin-C which helps in building immunity and Lycophene which is an antioxidant that has been found to be good in fighting cancer.
In addition to the fact that watermelon can be a very good hydrating liquid, it is also loading with minerals like potassium. Potassium helps replenish the electrolytes in the body, which is normally the first thing that you lose during summers irrespective of, if you are just staying at home, travelling to work or, spending time at the beach.
Now, if your question is, Why not just eat Water-melon, then I would have to ask you to try drinking it once to know what you are missing.. LOL. I really mean it.
In today’s recipe, I will show you how to quickly transform your water melon cubes into a nice glass of refreshing drink. All you will need is a few minutes, a blender and some water melon. Minty Watermelon Lemonade Recipe is not just an easy to make recipe but is also a glass of healthy drink too. So let’s check out the recipe now.
Minty Watermelon Lemonade RecipePrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Watermelon - 4 cups
- Lemon Juice - from 1/2 Lime
- Ice Cubes - 4
- Mint leaves - a few
- Cut watermelon into large pieces and discard the skin. Remove black seeds, no need to take the white seeds out.
- Add watermelon pieces in a blender jar.
- Blend until smooth texture.
- Transfer it to a large bowl.
- If watermelon is sweet, no need to add sugar, but if it is not, taste the juice and if required, add sugar.
- Add lemon juice and fresh mint leaves if you like . Stir well.
- Add 1-ice cube in each serving glass and pour prepared watermelon juice into it and serve chilled.
But if you like it otherwise, then you are going to love the sweet taste of watermelon with a slight after taste of fresh lime.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.