Baby corn pakoda is a delicious snack made with minimal ingredients. This is a great recipe, especially when you are short of time. (step-by step-pictures)
About Baby Corn Pakoda Recipe:
An evening. It’s slightly drizzling. You are sitting in the balcony with a cup of tea enjoying the sight of some kids playing in the rain.
What is missing in this scene?
A plate full of crispy, crunchy pakodas!
And what better if it is Babycorn Pakoda.
Babycorn Pakoda is a delicious snack made with baby corn and various spices.
Tea time in the evening, parties, potlucks, or any time you’re in the mood for having something tasty is the time for babycorn pakoda!
Making Baby Corn Pakoda is a simple process that just takes a few minutes.
To make this, all you need is some basic ingredients available in your kitchen. Everyone, young and old, loves these fritters.
Try this recipe, and I’m sure your onion pakoda will come out crunchy and crispy too. Let me know what you think about the recipe by commenting below.
Why should you make this recipe?
There are many reasons! The size and appearance of fried baby corn are both delicious and incredibly appealing. And since I am fond of this recipe lately I can give you a hundred reasons for making bread pakoda.
This baby corn pakoda is a must-try if you’re arranging a party and want to serve something hot and crunchy. Even at the last minute, you can cook them, and they still turn out great. In addition, these baby corn pakodas are,
- a great way to use up any extra baby corn you may have.
- it’s a delicious and easy snack that everyone will love.
- it’s a fun and unique dish that is sure to impress your guests.
- it’s super easy to make!
Pro Tips to Make Perfect Baby Corn Pakoda:
- First, be sure to use fresh and tender baby corn. This will ensure that your pakodas are nice and crispy.
- Second, be sure to fry your pakodas in hot oil. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Third, be sure to use a variety of spices to flavor your pakodas. This will give them a unique and delicious flavor that everyone will love.
- You can give Chinese flavor to these kababs by adding soya sauce, pepper, and vinegar to the marinate, instead of adding lemon juice, salt, and chili powder.
Looking for some more Pakoda’s Recipe:
If you are looking for some more pakoda’s recipe then you might want to check out some of the latest and most popular recipes here.
Basic Ingredients used to make Baby Corn Pakoda:
Babycorn: Baby corn is the main ingredient in this dish and is what gives it its name.
Maida: I have used maida to make the batter, you can use besan if you want.
Corn Flour: Little cornflour brings in the crunchiness in pakoda’s so I love adding them.
Ginger-garlic paste: I love the flavor of ginger-garlic so I love adding them to my pakoda’s as it enhances the taste of the pakoda’s.
Coriander Leaves: Some chopped coriander brings a nice flavor in it, so do add them to this recipe.
Lemon: Add some lemon juice as it brings the tanginess to the recipe, but you can skip it if you want.
Oil: Though I prefer frying pakoda’s in mustard oil, this time I have used vegetable oil. You can use either of them.
Others: You would also be needing some basic spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, and chaat masala powder.
- 250 gm Babycorn
- 1/2 cup Corn Flour
- 1/2 cup Refined Flour/ Maida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chaat masala powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 – Lemon juice of half lemon
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil to deep fry
- Slit the baby corn from the centre. You may cut it in half if you find the baby corn is too long.
- Now in a pan add water, turmeric, 1/4 tsp chilli powder and salt.
- Let it boil.
- Now add baby corn to it and boil for about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Now in a bowl add maida, corn flour, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, chaat masala powder, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- Add water to make a batter.
- Now add baby corn and mix everything well.
- Now keep this mixture in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these baby corn, in batches until golden in colour on medium heat.
- Once done serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
My Recommended Product:
To make any fried items it is highly recommended that you use Iron kadai. So here I have listed a product that I am using now. So in case you are looking for an Iron kadai, you might want to check this out. You can even check out my PAGE on Amazon, where you will find my favorite kitchen tools, Appliances, Accessories, and more HERE.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Frequently Asked Question:
Why are my pakoras so oily?
Before frying the pakodas, season the oil with salt. As a result, the pakodas will absorb less oil.
Why my pakoda is not crispy?
Always cook pakodas over medium heat so that the pakodas are well cooked and come out crispier. The pakodas will absorb more oil if the oil isn’t hot enough, which will lead to more fat in the finished product. Pakodas may turn dark brown on the outside but not necessarily cook through if it is too hot.
You Might Also Want to Try:
If you are looking for some more fried items for snacks then you might want to check this out,
How to make Gujiya – Mawa Gujia Recipe
Gur Ka Pua – How to Make Gulgula Recipe
Deep Fried Cookies Thekua Recipe – Step by Step Video
Bihai Nimki Recipe
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found it helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.