This story is of those days when I was a home science student in school. I had an exam and I was given a project to prepare ALOO CHOP. Since that was my first project for home science, my mom was a little worried as to what I am going to do.
She packed things for me and sent me to school. She was a little tensed but at the same time, she had confidence in me and she knew I would do well because she knew that I had an interest in cooking.
And……..It was probably her confidence in me that made me win that day and my ALOO CHOP recipe came out really well. My teacher praised me and gave me a pat on my back. My home science teacher and the other staff at school enjoyed the CHOPs.
Nopes… they didn’t stop there. They asked for more and also packed whatever leftover was there with me. But I was very upset because I could not take any to my house for my Mom to taste it. 🙁
But still, my Mom was very happy to hear about my performance. I made ALOO CHOPs again at home and served it to my Mom and Dad. It was really nice to see those lovely expressions on their faces. An expression of pride and the realization that their daughter has grown up. Their love and that expression on their face made my day.
Cheese Stuffed Fried Potato Balls Recipe
Today’s recipe is very similar to this aloo chop recipe. I was nostalgic as I made it. In fact, I relived those years in school as I was making them. And hence I felt I should share this story of mine with you all.
So let’s jump on to the recipe. This recipe is called “Cheese Stuffed Fried Potato Balls” and as I have mentioned earlier this recipe is very much similar to the recipe I made in my school days.
- Potatoes - 5 boiled
- Carrot - 1/2 cup grated
- Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tbsp grated or crushed
- Green chilli - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
- Processed cheese - 1/3 cup grated
- Salt - to taste
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese - as per requirement cut into small cubes
- Bread Crumbs - as per requirement
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl mash the boiled potatoes.
- Now add onion, carrot, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, salt and cheese to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese in medium sized cubes and keep aside.
- Mix all purpose flour with some water to make a paste. (ensure that the paste should not be too watery or too thick)
- Keep the flour paste aside.
- Now take a small portion of the mixture in your hand and make a small ball out of it.
- Follow the same process for the rest of the mixture.
- Take each balls, flatten it out using your palms and then put a crushed cube of cheese in between.
- Dip the ball in the flour paste and roll it in some bread crumbs. Similarly, make all the other balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the potato balls on a medium flame until they turn golden brown. Drain the excess of oil with paper towel.
- Garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot along with tomato ketchup.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????