Dry garlic chutney – Garlic chutney is a dry powdered recipe which can be stored in an air tight container for about few weeks. It can be eaten in many ways like, you can spread this chutney on partaha, mix with atta and make garlic paratha or roti, mix it with curd etc.Especially people in Maharashtra use this dry garlic chutny (Teekha chutney, teeka chutney) for Vada pav.
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Dry coconut powder – 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves – 8 number (chopped)
- Green chillies – 4 number (chopped)
- Hing (asafoetida) – a pinch
- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup (roasted)
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Salt as per the taste
- Oil for cooking
- Roast peanuts and sesame seeds separately and then add them into a blender to make a fine powder. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan, heat a very little oil.
- Add pinch of hing, chopped garlic, green chillies and saute well.
- Add coconut powder and fry till brown and then turn off the gas and keep it aside.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and then add the roasted peanut and sesame seeds powder and mix well.
- Add salt as per the taste and stir well.
- If you are making vada pav then to make this chutney little more crunchy, you can use small pieces of fried vada batter.You can make a powder of it and mix into this chutney.
- I didn,t use sesame seeds in this recipe because i did not prefer using it, but since a lot of people like the taste of it they choose to use it in the chutney.So it entirely depends on you if you want to use it or not.
- For more colour in chutney you can add kashmiri mirch.