Most of us know that Paneer is a good source of protein especially for vegetarians who do not get their intake from meat products. Apart from being rich in protein and calcium, paneer is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) — a fatty acid which helps lose weight.
So you should surely include paneer recipes in your diet, if you are on GM diet, low carb diet or any other diet and want to lose weight.
Basically I came up with this recipe, when I was following GM diet.And till now its been 3 times that I was on GM diet. Trust me going for a diet is not an easy task.
It requires a lot of dedication and determination because you are not really having the food of your choice. It wasn’t just the GM diet that I followed but also followed a low carb diet as well. Amongst all of those diet recipes, I liked all the recipes that had paneer in it.
So today I am going to make a recipe called Paneer Tomato Salad which will serve your purpose.
By saying this, what I mean is if you are dieting or not you can make this recipe.
This is very simple and easy to make recipe which does not require too many of ingredients nor it requires too much of work.
So let’s get on to the recipe.
- Ripe red tomatoes - 2
- Paneer / Indian cottage cheese - 1/2 cup cubed
- Tomato - 1/2 cup cubed
- Black pepper powder - as per required
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp or as per your tastes
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp or more
- Salt - to taste
- Olive oil as per required
- Heat oil in a pan. (It would be good if you use non stick pan)
- When the oil is hot add paneer pieces and fry it lightly on all sides.Take it out in a plate.
- Now again in the same pan slightly fry the tomatoes.
- Now add paneer cubes to the tomatoes.
- Add the chaat masala, pepper, salt and lime juice as per your tastes and mix well.
Process to make it in oven:
- Use the skewer/toothpick to arrange the paneer cubes and tomato and grill or you can simply place it in a baking tray with a tsp of oil and grill for 4-6 minutes till slightly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and put paneer cubes and tomatoes in a salad bowl and add chaat masala, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix it well and serve.
And you can also roast the paneer in the oven without oil.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.