Can Men cook?
At least I used to think that women are always the better cooks but probably I was wrong. And none other than my husband was the one to prove me wrong. And he proved that in fact men can sometimes be a much better cook than us women. What’s your thoughts?
There is something that sound very funny to me whenever Dilip enters the kitchen to cook. His behavior and gestures are like a chef with a star hotel. HE would need an assistant, who would obviously be me. And while he supervises, does some stirring and frying and takes away all the credit, I am the one who ends up doing all the support work. But I should say that all of this time that we spend together in the kitchen is fun and I really enjoy it.
The recipe that I am going to show you today is my husband’s idea. In fact it is a tried and tested recipe of his, which he had made when he was at school.
It was one of his friend’s birthday and they couldn’t get a cake. The fact is that they did not have the money to buy a cake. Dilip and one of his friend had this idea of baking a cake at home. They had no clue how to make one. They used some glucose biscuits that they had at home and some chocolates and made a nice cake out of it. And that is how this recipe was born.
Today while I was thinking about the recipe idea, he suddenly came up with this “Eggless Chocolate Glucose Biscuits No Bake Cake Recipe” and I found it interesting. All of the ingredients were readily available at home and all we had to do was shoot the video. And that we did.
The end result was a nice, smooth and tasty cake recipe.
I just couldn’t stop licking my fingers, it was that tasty. And everyone in the family became a fan of the recipe and kept asking for more.
Frankly speaking, I don’t like store bought cakes and that is the main reason why I prefer making cakes at home.
So, let us jump straight into the recipe.
- Glucose Biscuits - 63-64 + some extra
- Milk - 250 ml
- Chocolate - 150 gm melted
- Cashew - handful
- Raisins - handful
- Add 63-64 glucose biscuits in a bowl.
- Add milk and make a nice paste.
- Now spread some powdered sugar in a baking tin and tap, to spread it all over.
- Put half of the biscuit paste into the tin and spread it as a layer.
- Add a layer of melted chocolate and add some nuts and raisins.
- Spread the remaining biscuits paste as a second layer.
- Spread another layer of melted chocolate and add some nuts and raisins.
- Now add a layer of whole biscuits and then a layer of melted chocolate again.
- Refrigerate in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, keep it outside for about 15 minutes.
- Now spread the powdered sugar on top.
- And decorate it with some colored vermicelli and chocolate sauce.
- So your easy to make no bake cake is ready.
You can find more great recipes and product reviews from our friends at the Village Bakery.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????