Kerala Rice Puttu Recipe is one of the healthiest recipes served in Kerala for Breakfast. Puttu is a combination of rice flour and grated coconut.
As I am getting more and more into this entire concept of food blogging and internet marketing, I am enjoying every bit of learning that I am getting.
Take for instance the topic of “Story selling”.
I happened to hear about this term from Andre Chaperon in his course “Auto Responder Madness“.
The “Auto Responder Madness” course teaches you how to use story telling to build a relationship with your email subscribers and profit from it.
If you are somebody who is interested in an online business then email marketing is something you need to learn.
And nobody can teach it better than Andre Chaperon.
While other marketers struggle with their open rates and barely get 8-10% opens, Andre gets about 60% opens.
Because his emails are worth opening. You will realize if you subscribe to his emails.
And he does this through storytelling.
Take for instance any one of those daily soaps that you watch frequently. You wait anxiously for the next day when the next episode will be aired.
Because you are so much caught into the way the story is being told that you just cannot let it go, midway.
Similarly, take any of your favorite movies and you will realize that it was the way the story was told that made it your favorite movie.
That’s the power of storytelling.
And when you sell using story telling, it is called story-selling.
And this concept of story selling is nicely explained in this video by Doug Stevenson, who is an expert in selling using stories.
I particularly liked the way he explains about branding, what branding is and how to go about branding yourself the right way.
Listen to it and I am sure you will enjoy it just like the way I did, especially the way be explained “branding”.
And this last part about branding is something we as business owners need to specifically learn about.
Kerala Rice Puttu Recipe with Payar and Pappadam – Steamed Rice Flour Cake with Coconut
Kerala rice puttu recipe is one of the staple food in Kerala. Since puttu is made of steamed rice flour and grated coconut, it is one of the healthiest breakfast recipes in Kerala.
People in Kerala eat puttu in various combination like puttu payar pappadam, puttu kadala curry, puttu with banana, puttu with milk and sugar, Puttu with desi ghee and sugar and many more.
Kids love puttu recipe, hence this recipe can also be considered as a tiffin box recipe. Simply add puttu, ghee and sugar and the lunch box are ready.
Kerala Rice Puttu Recipe with Payar and Pappadam Recipe – Steamed Rice Flour Cake with CoconutPrint Pin Rate Share on Facebook
- Rice Puttu Flour - 1 Cup Homemade or Ready made mix
- Water - 1/4 cup adjust as per need
- Salt - as required
- Coconut - 1/2 cup grated
- Green Gram - 1/2 Cup
- Pappad - as required
- Wash and pressure cook the green gram for 3 to 4 whistles by adding enough water.Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the rice flour with the salt.
- Sprinkle water little by little and mix it with your finger tips. The flour should be moist but it should be crumbly. If you take a little flour between your thumb and index finger and press it tightly, it should hold its shape. That is the correct consistency.
- Take the puttu mould and start with the layer of coconut and then add the prepared flour.
- Alternate the coconut and flour till the end of the mould. Cover the mould with the lid.
- Fill water in puttu kudam and boil the water. Then place the puttu maker on top of it.
- Cook it on the medium flame for around 5-7 minutes or till you can see the steam coming out of the puttu.
- To de-mould, push the back of the mould with the wooden ladle or spoon onto a plate.
- Fry the Pappad as many as you want.
- Serve the puttu when it is warm along with payar(green gram) and fried pappad.
[amazon_link asins=’B01MQRIPCB,B01MRC773G,B078RKXPZ1′ template=’MyPicksTemplate’ store=’dksp-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’c3a70a91-0f29-11e8-8e68-4d42e734d687′]
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback.
If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.