I got this recipe from a Punjabi lady during my college day.She would use any kind of leftover dal or beans to make paratha for breakfast the next day. What she would do is knead the dough with the curry and then make paratha’s out of it.
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Rajma curry – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Mix all the above ingredients with the wheat flour.
- Knead the dough by adding rajma curry little at a time.
- You can use some water in the end if required to mix the dough fully.
- Divide the dough into ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth.
- Now roll them into circles about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Heat tava and fry the paratha by glazing the oil on the surface of the paratha.
- Repeat this for the other side of paratha too.
- When the both side of paratha is golden brown and crispy, then take it out from tava.
- Serve hot with curd and pickles of your choice or just roll the paratha and have along with hot tea and coffee.