I am a big fan of Chinese cuisines and Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice is one of them. I should rather rephrase it as “Indianized Chinese Cuisines”, because I am sure that most of the Chinese recipes that we find here are in fact an indianized version of the Chinese ones. There are very few restaurants that serve authentic Chinese cuisines.
I still remember the days when me and my husband would go out to have dinner, order Chinese food and definitely include veg Manchurian in it. And I would pick all the Manchurian balls from my husband’s bowl. I simply liked the usage of the different sauce in it.
Talking about sauce, the thing that I like the most about the recipe that we will be talking about today, is also the sauce used in it. And it is this sauce that this recipe gets its name from. There is nothing much required other than this sauce, for this recipe. You could take freshly cooked rice or, even use leftover rice. If you prefer buying the Schezwan sauce from your nearest store, you could do that. I prefer making the sauce at home though because that retains the flavor of the sauce and also ensures that it is healthy.
With that let’s get straight onto today’s recipe – Schezwan rice.
- Cooked Rice - 1 cup
- Carrot Cabbage - 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
- Beans - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1/3 cup thinly sliced
- Garlic - 2 tsp chopped finely
- Schezwan sauce - 1 tbsp
- Green chilli - as per the taste split lengthwise
- Spring Onion white part - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Spring Onion green part - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Olive Oil / Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as per the taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add carrot, beans and capsicum and saute for 5 mins or until the veggies shrink.
- Now add schezwan sauce, salt and pepper powder.
- Saute and cook for about 3-5 mins.
- Now add cooked rice little by little and mix well.
- Mix until the sauce and veggies gets coated with rice evenly.
- Finally add spring onion green part and give it a quick stir.
- Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot along with any manchurian or any kind of side dish of your choice.
Please do take a little time to comment on the recipes, as your feedback means a lot to me. And don’t forget to share the recipes on your favorite social networks sites.