Gone are the days, when we used to cherish small moments with small things. I still remember, how my birthday used to be celebrated. Since we were a joint family, my mom would hardly get time for any celebration or to make something different. But still she used to celebrate my birthday by preparing an Instant atte ka halwa or, suji ka halwa as a birthday cake. She would then keep it in some round shaped bowl and take it out from the bowl after sometime and place it on a plate just to get a round shaped cake.
She would then put a candle on it and my celebrations would begin. She would also make some special dishes, and this is how she would celebrate my birthday. I used to feel so good and happy. 🙂
Ok! let me keep these memories aside. I would tell you, how I have started making this simple and easy to make cake recipe at home. I have learned this recipe from one of my neighbor when I was in 9th or 10th standard. So that was when I prepared this recipe for the first time and my mom liked it very much.
So here I am with my trial and tested – Egg-less Cooker Cake recipe . This is probably the third or the fourth time that I am preparing this recipe and this time it was for our marriage anniversary . Everybody liked it very much and asked me to make it again.
This cake recipe does not require a lot of ingredients to make . But next time I am planning to make it in a different way and also planning to add some flavor to it and I will share that also with you all.
So lets check how to make an easy egg-less cooker cake recipe. So before I move on to the recipe I must tell you that do not forget to remove the whistle and the rubber of the cake and keep it aside.
- All-purpose-flour – 1/2 Cup (maida)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee or Butter – 55 gms.
- Cashew – 6 (chopped into small pieces)
- Almonds – 6 (chopped into small pieces)
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – as per required to make a thick paste
- Oil – 1 tsp (to grease the baking tin)
- Take a bowl, melt ghee or butter.You can use your stove or oven to melt the ghee or butter.
- Now, add All-purpose-flour, Baking powder, powdered sugar and Milk in it.
- Mix and beat well using a hand blender or mixer to make a smooth paste.Keep the batter aside.
- Take a round shaped Aluminium tray.
- Grease it with a tsp of Oil.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of All-Purpose-Flour on it and rotate baking tin in a way that all the flour should make a thin layer over the greased Oil.
- Take out the extra left-over flour from the tin.
- Now pour the cake mixture in the tin and top it up with some whole almonds and cashew if you want.
- Now take a 5 liter pressure cooker.(Its better to use big size of the cooker in order to bake without any hassle)
- Use aluminium Idli stand or the cooker plate to keep the distance between baking tray and cooker base.
- This will help keep the baking tin away from the direct heat and the cake will not get burnt from the base.
- Now keep the cooker plate in the cooker and then place the baking tin carefully on top of it ensuring it doesn’t touch anywhere in the cooker.
- Switch on the stove and close the cooker lid.(Keep it on high flame initially for about 2 minutes)
- After 2 minutes bake the cake in a medium flame for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- After 30 to 35 minutes of baking, open the cooker lid.
- Take a toothpick and check if the cake is baked.
- You can just poke toothpick at the center of cake. If it comes out clean,then your cake is ready.
- And if not, you need to bake it for another 5-6 minutes.
- Separate the cake from the baking tin using knife.
- Now, take a plate. Cover it on top of the baking tin and flip it over, gently tap on top so that the cake is released.
- Turn it upside down again.
- The Eggless Cooker Cake is ready to serve now.
- You can decorate the cake if you want to. (I have decorated the cake with some gems, jam and some crunchy chocolates.