Aloo capsicum is a very simple and easy side dish for roti, paratha, puri and rice. So lets learn how to make this simple Indian recipe .
- Capsicum – 2 Big size (shimla mirch)
- Potatoes – 10 to 12 small
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (smashed)
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Aamchur Powder – 1tsp
- Green Chilies as per taste
- Salt as per Taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil and peel the Potatoes.
- Cut them into big chunks.
- Heat Oil in a frying Pan add Cumin Seeds into it.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering add Turmeric Powder and garlic and stir for few minutes in a slow flame.
- Once the raw smell goes add Potatoes into it.
- Fry the Potatoes till they are golden brown in color and add salt.
- When the Potatoes have turned golden brown in color add the long cut pieces of Capsicum and keep on cooking for another 5 to 8 min .
- Now add the Garam Masala and aamchur powder and turn of the burner.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Roti or Bread at lunch or breakfast.
Tips:- It’s better to cut boiled potatoes in big chucks so that it doesn,t get mushy.