Atte ka halwa or wheat flour halwa is an easy sweet recipe which can be prepared at any occasions and at any time since it hardly takes time. Whenever I don’t find any sweets to have after lunch or dinner , I prefer making an instant atte ka halwa as a dessert. So this recipe is good for those who like having sweets after lunch or dinner.
I always remember my school days whenever I make atte ka halwa . It reminds me of my birthday, when my mom used to make this atte ka halwa or, instant suji ka halwa as a cake on that special occasion. I was very fond of this recipe.
Apart from the fact that it’s an easy recipe , it is healthy too. But if you are a kind of a health conscious person then you can use less ghee to make it a little more healthier recipe.
Babies who are yet to teeth can be fed atte ka halwa made with a little less ghee since adding more ghee can create colic problems.
- Whole wheat flour/ gehun ka atta - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Melted Ghee - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder/elaichi powder - 1 tsp
- Almonds - 1 tbsp chopped
- Cashew - 1 tbsp chopped
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadahi.
- Add the wheat flour and saute on a medium flame till it turns brown in color and you get the nice aroma of roasted whole wheat flour.
- Now add the sugar and water, mix well and cook on a slow flame till the sugar gets dissolves.(Keep stirring in between so that the lumps should not form)
- Now add raisins,chopped cashew and almonds and mix.
- Once it is done add 2 tbsp of ghee and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and serve hot.