Besan Halwa is a quick sweet dish for the ones who do not want to spend a lot of time making a sweet dish for an occasion.
Finally, today I went to meet the Doc for the removal of the plaster on my hand.
The morning was so nice. The feeling of freeing myself from that self-imposed shackles made the morning slightly different from the other mornings. I was so excited about getting that plaster off. I was feeling very good from the inside. After all, there were so many things that I had planned for the day..
And then… 🙁
After the removal of my plaster, I was asked to get an x-ray done. The doctor looked at it and then turned towards me. He smiled and said, “The bones have started healing but healing process will take some more time, about 4-6 more weeks. And complete healing will take about a year”.
I felt like something hit me.
The next moment I was praying that he doesn’t ask me to put the plaster on for another 4-5 months… (that would have been so painful).
He said that I need to take more precaution for at least another month. And the only difference was that I had to wear a wrist brace instead of the Plaster.
I was happy that the plaster was off, but at the same time, I was a little worried too.
It was about the time that the complete healing process was going to take. A year was too long.
I was also worried if my hand will ever get the original strength back.
Anyways whatever happened has happened and it’s no point regretting. Isn’t it????
When I stepped out of the hospital, I found that the afternoon was also beautiful. It was also different from the other afternoons, just like the morning was.
And then I realized something.
It is what “Hope” can do to you. It can make your days different from all of those days when you had no hope.
Well, now I am planning to include more of calcium into my diet for a faster recovery of my hand and I know that I will recover faster that what my doctor thinks (Hope you see..).
Now since I have talked a little too much let me jump on to the recipe. Today’s recipe is besan ka halwa which was prepared by my hubby under my instruction on the day of Holi (I so much missed Holi this time round as I couldn’t play with all those colors due to the fractured hand).
Besan Halwa Recipe
Besan Halwa recipe is a quick sweet dish that you would love. The aroma of gram flour gives it a unique taste. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make this.
I like making besan ka halwa during festivals. I don’t have to spend a lot of time and at the same time, it fulfills the need for a sweet dish.
There is just this one thing that you need to keep in mind when making besan halwa. You need to keep stirring throughout so that the mixture doesn’t form lumps and gets mixed well.
So go ahead and enjoy this really tasty dish – besan halwa.
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Gram Flour besan - 1 cup
- Boiled Milk - 1.5 cups
- Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Almonds - 5-6 chopped
- Cashew - 5-6 chopped
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add ghee in it.
- Once the ghee melts, lower the flame and add besan, mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously so that the besan is evenly roasted.
- Mix and stir well for 14 to 15 minutes on low heat or until you get the nice aroma of besan.
- Soon the besan will start releasing ghee.
- Now keep the flame low and first pour 1 cup of milk into the roasted besan.
- Keep on stirring simultaneously while pouring the milk. Mix well.
- Now pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Continue to mix and stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to it.
- Stir well so that no lumps are formed, keep on stirring for 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Soon the mixture will start thickening.(keep on stirring the mixture continuously so that you can get smooth halwa without lumps)
- Add dryfruits and keep on stirring.
- Now you will see the halwa leaving ghee and will also start leaving the edges of the pan.
- Switch off the flame.
- The halwa will be thick once it gets cool down.
- Garnish with some more chopped nuts and raisins and serve besan ka halwa hot, warm or chilled.
- You can store besan ka halwa in the fridge for about a week.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support. ????