Now make the Burger Recipe at Home with crispy, crunchy, vegetable patty flavored with some Indian Spices. This Easy Vegetable Burger Recipe is perfect to make your kids happy.
It seems like a lot of precious moments from our lives are slowly slipping out of our hands and as if life has gotten stuck in a circle we aren’t able to get out of.
It’s been almost 6-7 months now to this Pandemic and the situation still looks the same.
Has this become a part of life now?
Do we have to live with it now?
Many unanswered questions that we ask ourselves every morning and then when we do not get answers we carry on with the same cycle.
Today I am going to share a beautiful poem with you all, which is written by “Dilip”.
The “stay at home” and the lockdown, brought out a lot more from Dilip and he is busy writing books and poems one after the other.
This poem is one he wrote when the country went into a lockdown the first time. He was shocked to see the deserted streets and nature enjoying its un-intrusive freedom.
A lot of the questions that I asked at the beginning of the post, will all get answered through this poem.
So the poem goes like this…
I hope you liked the poem. Do comment and let me know.
I feel really bad for kids and the seniors at home. Today they are the ones who are the most impact. They are the ones who are missing out on a lot of precious moments in life.
I will tell you how.
Children who used to go to school and used to enjoy with their classmates. They would carelessly go out to play not having to worry about covering the nose, mouth, and whatnot.
Their childishness, their childish antics have all got lost somewhere.
Online classes, online tuitions, online dance, online music, online games, everything is now online. The emotional connection with people is lost.
I am not sure if it is for the good or, the worse. But it seems like these children have become more intelligent in these five months. They seem to have started understanding technology and connecting with it a lot, at a very young age.
Compare it to us when we were their age, all we did was make a mess of our homes/rooms and here they are learning “Coding”.
Seriously, time has changed a lot. Children seem to have grown up a little too fast. They seem to understand everything very quickly (Even the 2-year olds at home, now seem to operate mobile very easily).
I know, we feel bad about our kids at times. When we see them sitting in front of the computer all the time for everything.
But I guess this is what the future is.
I feel bad about the seniors at home because their condition is almost similar to that of children.
At this age when they should have breathed in the open air outside, should have gone for a walk in the parks, should have spent time with their friends and cracked jokes, they too are imprisoned today.
One look at them and you can see how suffocated they are inside the confines of the home.
The pain is even bigger, especially for those who do not have a family at home to spend time or talk.
Anyways, now when humans have destroyed nature in this way then we will have to suffer the consequences and we can not avoid the wrath that mother nature unleashes on us.
But together let us definitely pray to god that we all come out of this self-imposed punishment, as soon as possible.
Now onto the Recipe
Burger Recipe at Home – Easy Vegetable Burger Recipe
After having Cheese Burst Pizza last week, it was my daughter’s demand to make Burger this week. So I tried making Burger Recipe at home itself.
This homemade burger recipe is a combination of potatoes, vegetables, and some Indian Spices. You can always add vegetables of your choice.
So if you’re looking for a delicious way to feed some extra vegetables to your kid then, look no further! Try this homemade burger recipe this weekend.
And do not forget to share your experience, how it turned out for you by commenting below. We would love to see your comment. 🙂
Burger Recipe at Home – Easy Vegetable Burger Recipe
For Burger Patty
- 2 cups Potato boiled & mashed
- 1 cup Rice Flakes/poha soaked
- 1/4 cup Beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 1/4 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Batter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Cold Water
Ingredients for Cornstarch Mix
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Sesame Buns
- as required Tomato Slices
- as required Onion Slices
- 1 cup Cornflakes grind finely, or as needed to coat
- as needed Eggless Mayonnaise
- as needed Lettuce
- Heat butter in a pan, add garlic paste to it, and saute for few seconds.
- Now add all the veggies one by one, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, mango powder, garam masala powder, chili flakes, and mix everything well. Switch off the flame.
- Add washed rice flakes and give it a nice mix. Switch off the gas.
- Mash it with a masher and let it cool down a bit and then keep it in the freezer for 15-35 minutes (this process is optional, the idea behind keeping the mixture in the freezer is to bring more crispiness in the patties)
- In a bowl add all-purpose flour, cornflour, vegetable oil, and salt. Mix.
- Now add cold water to make a semi-thick batter.
For Dry Coating
- In another bowl add cornflour and baking powder, mix well, and set aside.
To Fry Patties
- Take out the mixture from the freezer and divide the mixture into 4 balls.
- And keep aside for coating.
- To coat the aloo Tikki, firstly, coat it with the dry mixture and pat & shake to remove excess flour, then dip it in the batter and coat it well, further coat it with ground cornflakes, pat & shake to remove extra cornflakes. Follow the same step to coat each aloo tikki.
- Now heat a pan filled with oil on medium-high heat, and fry the tikkis until they are crisp and golden brown on both sides.
Method to Assemble
- Spread mayonnaise over the top burger bun, place the aloo tikki over the bottom burger bun, place some tomato and onion slices, place one cheese slice, and a leaf of lettuce and close it with the top burger bun. Your vegetable burger is ready to be served.
You Might Also Want to Try
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found it helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.