Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe for Nachos has a deliciously refreshing and smoky flavor that is easy to make and goes really well with Leftover Roti Nachos.
Are you a regular reader??
Hey, What are you waiting for then?
Subscribe to the “The Tastes of India” and get a chance to receive new and easy to make mouth-watering recipes, stories, and many more…
And if the answer is yes…
Then you know, that I am back in Banglore after a 5-month stay in Kolkata.
Finally, I am back, with lots of love and some precious memories…
People say that in India vidayee (send off) is not complete without tears… So, Yep I also cried while leaving my parents and siblings back there in Kolkata.
Anyways, this is what probably, life is all about.
But for now, I think I should hold my tears and tell you something more.
Hey, look at me in the below picture?
Am I not looking like an Alien, who came from space just now?
I was not even able to breathe with all those masks and PPE kit on, initially, the moment I first entered the flight…
Seriously, this virus made us all do, what we have probably never imagined doing.
We can’t even breathe freely now…
I still remember me asking Dilip, about the movie he was watching some time back. The name of the movie was “contagion”.
Frankly speaking, I really don’t like these kinds of movies. So I asked him, why do you even watch these kinds of movies when these things can never exist.
But now I realized that whatever they showed in the movie has become a reality today.
People are running away from people, due to the fear of this virus. God knows how far will all this go………
I know what are you thinking about now…
You might be thinking as to why do I talk about this pandemic so much these days ???
What do I do?
When I see the surroundings, it seems as if our lives are revolving around corona.
Washing Hands, Legs, Groceries, Vegetables, sanitizing this and that, and what not?
Sometimes I really get fed up…
But Guys, Do we really have an option?
So it’s better to follow those precautionary measures than welcoming this so-called Pandemic, “Corona” at home.
So Stay Home Stay Safe!
Now onto this week’s recipe…
Salsa Recipe for Nachos – Salsa Recipe
Salsa is one of my favorite recipes I make very often. My Mom makes a recipe that is very much similar to this recipe and it is called “bhune tamatar ki chutney“, which you might want to try.
This chutney goes really well along with plain rice and dal. You can even try this salsa, along with rice and dal. It tastes yum!!!
The best thing about this homemade salsa is that you can customize it and make it as per your own choice. Just like I did.
Salsa tastes best if you let it sit for at least 20 minutes before you plan to serve it so that the flavors can come together.
It is even tastier and more refreshing if you chill the salsa first. Roasted Tomato Salsa is a great choice for a healthy diet.
Salsa goes really well along with tortilla chips and nachos. YUM!!!
So if you are missing some of the Mexican Food, during this Lockdown. Simply stay tuned with us, and we will bring many more easy to make Indianized versions of those Mexican Dishes.
We at “The Tastes of India” are planning to make recipes that will fall under the “Fusion” category, where you can find these fun recipes with an interesting Indianized twist to it. And I am sure you and your family would love it.
Hey, one more thing, If you are planning a movie night, do make the nachos and salsa and get a real feeling of the movie hall.
And of course, Do tell us how Salsa recipe for nachos has turned out for you by commenting below. And by any chance, if you would like to share the picture of the recipe, you can share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag #thetastesofindia there.
So now let us see, how this Salsa Recipe for Nachos is being made.
Salsa Recipe for Nachos
- 4 nos Tomatoes roasted
- 2 nos Onion medium, finely chopped
- 5-6 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 nos Green Chilli chopped
- 1 nos Dry Red Chilli roasted
- 1 Lemon extract juice of lemon
- Black Salt to taste
- White Salt to taste
- Wash the tomato and pat dry.
- Switch on the flame and place the tomato on the stovetop on the open flame directly.
- You can also cook the tomato on hot charcoal directly or on a portable BBQ.
- Keep turning the sides of tomato until it gets roasted and cooked.
- When the tomato gets cooked remove the tomato with the help of two spoons and place it on a plate or in a bowl.
- Let it cool down.
- When it gets cold enough to handle with hands, peel off the burnt tomato skin and mash it with your hand.
- Now hold the dry red chili on the stove using the tongs and roast it.
- Crush the chili with your fingers and add it to the mashed tomato and mix well.
- Now add onion, garlic, lemon juice, black salt, and salt. Mix everything well.
- Now take out half of this mixture and add it to the blender and blend it.
- And mix it with the rest of the mixture. Give it a nice mix. (This will give you a nice mix of crunchy tomato chunks and a smooth tomato paste. I feel good that way, but it is entirely up to you if you want to do it or not).
- So the easy salsa recipe for nachos is ready to serve. (If you want, you can refrigerate salsa for few hours before serving for better taste)
You Might Also Want to Try:
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.