Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake is a flavored chocolate cake with a hint of coffee flavor. This is sandwiched and then coated with chocolate ganache and topped with some grated dark chocolates.
This Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake is a simple and easy recipe. This chocolate cake is a delicious, super soft, and moist cake one can ever have.
The best part of this recipe is that it is made in a pressure cooker and it does not contain eggs. So it’s a win-win for those who eat eggless cake. And of course, the second-best part of this recipe is that it does not require an oven. So even if you don’t have an oven, you can still make this recipe. And trust me you will be amazed by the results.
Chocolate Truffle Cake is something we love a lot. My hubby and my daughter just fell in love with this cake. This super-soft, moist, melt in the mouth, eggless chocolate cake with ganache topping makes a wonderful celebration. And guess what? People at home couldn’t believe that this cake was made without eggs.
If you ask me, if I like store bought cake. I would say NO….
It’s been a while, that I had store bought cake. I prefer making cake at home, whenever there is celebration.
This is the first time, I made a layered cake, and it came out more than what I expected. In each and every bite, I was telling myself…great job Puja…you made it..
Don’t believe me.. Then just give it a try…
And tell us how it turned out for you…
Anyways, let me tell you about the basic ingredients I have used for this recipe
All-Purpose Flour – I have used all-purpose flour, but you can also use wheat flour for this recipe. Prefer using good quality of maida to get a good result.
Cocoa Powder – Something very important for this recipe. It is important to use good quality cocoa powder because that is what decides how tasty your cake is.
Baking Soda – Another most important ingredient for this recipe. Always use fresh baking soda. Now the question is, how will you make out, whether the soda is fresh or not.
Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a mixture of 1 tablespoon vinegar + 1 tablespoon of water. The solution should fizz and bubble. If the solution does not fizz and bubble, the baking soda is not active and fresh. So avoid using it.
Baking Powder – The reason why both soda and powder might be used, because you might have enough soda to neutralize the acid in a recipe, but not actually enough to lift the batter. In these cases, a little baking powder will give the extra lift needed to make the recipe perfect. You could use the baking powder alone, but then your finished baked treat might taste too acidic.
Curd – Plain curd and baking soda react with one another which gives it the soft, moist texture that we’re looking for.
Oil – Prefer using neutral flavor oil. Usage of oil also helps in making the eggless cake soft and moist.
Chocolate Ganache – Ganache is a mixture of cream and chocolate. The cream is heated up and chocolate is added and whisked till the chocolate melts. For topping on cakes and desserts, the ganache should be a bit liquid, pourable.
Things to be taken care, while making Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake
Do not over-mix the batter.
Let the cake cool down completely before you remove from the cake tin.
Its better to use big size of the cooker in order to bake without any hassle.
You can decorate the cake, before or after keeping the cake in the fridge.
Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe
For Cake Batter
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Coffee Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/2 cup Refine Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Sugar Syrup
- Take a 5-liter pressure cooker.
- Put salt in it and spread it well in the base of the cooker.
- Close the cooker lid, switch on the stove and preheat the cooker for about 6-7 minutes.
- By the time you are preheating the cooker.
- Take a bowl, add curd and oil.
- Whisk for about 2-3 minutes continuously.
- Now sieve all dry ingredients then mix the cake batter by cut and fold method.
- Add milk and beat for 3-4 minutes (don’t overmix)
- So the cake batter is ready.
- Now grease the cake tin with oil on all the sides. Dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and tap the tin onto the plate to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
- The pressure cooker must have been heated by now.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the baking tray on the cooker plate. Cover it with a lid without the ring and whistle.
- Now bake in a preheated pressure cooker on low flame for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After 40 to 45 minutes of baking, open the cooker lid.
- Take a toothpick and check if the cake is baked.
- You can just poke a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is ready.
- And if not, you need to bake it for another 5-6 more minutes.
- Separate the cake from the baking tin using a knife.
- Now, take a plate. Cover it on top of the baking tin and flip it over, gently tap on top so that the cake is released.
- Turn it upside down again. Let it cool down completely.
- By the time warm up fresh cream a little then add chopped dark chocolate and butter, mix continuously for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Now divide the cake into 2 layers by using thread.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar syrup in each layer.
- Spread little chocolate ganache on the lower half and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Sandwich with the other half of the cake, with the soaked part upward nad press it gently.
- Now spread the remaining ganache..evenly on top and at the sides of the cake.
- Now decorate with slice chocolates.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake is ready to be served.
- Roast, Bake, Grill, Toast and more
- 3 Heating Modes: Top Heating I Bottom Heating I Top & Bottom Heating
- Adjustable temperature from 100°C to 250°C
- Motorized rotisserie with forks for spit-roasting of meat or vegetables
- Heat resistant tempered glass window with illuminated chamber
- Automatic Thermostat I Auto Shut Off I Ready Bell
- Power Consumption: 2000 Watts I Operating Voltage:230V/50 Hz
You Might Also Want to Try:
Eggless Banana Cake Recipe
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe in Pressure CookerCheck out this recipe
Dry Fruit Cake
Eggless Chocolate Glucose Biscuits No Bake Cake RecipeCheck out this recipe
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.