Eggless Banana Cake Recipe is a delicious and moist cake recipe made with some ripe bananas. And as the name says , this recipe does not contain egg in it.
It was a normal Sunday morning. Like always, we were lazy getting out of bed but then suddenly we heard somebody knocking on the door.
When I opened the door, I saw a panicked face. It was my brother-in-law. He was gasping for breath. He said, “Where is Dilip? The granny from 426 fell unconscious on the floor down in the parking lot. And they are trying to bring her back but are not able to revive her. We need help.”
By that time, Dilip had also jumped out of the bed hearing the commotion and he quickly rushed to the parking lot. There were a group of people, all panicked not knowing what to do. A few were running helter skelter, some trying to get water and a few others trying to get some glucose and such other things.
Dilip quickly dialled the Emergency number for the Ambulance to the nearest hospital. The number was busy. He kept trying but the result was the same.
He then dialled the Emergency number for Ambulance services and the lady who picked up the phone put forward a set of questions. Tired of her questioning, Dilip said, “Can you please send the Ambulance and then do your questionaire? There is an emergency here.”
She then connected him to the nearby Ambulance which was about 30 minutes away from our location.
We realized it was wise to wait for the Ambulance.
Dilip quickly took out his car. Luckily for us, by that time the Granny had regained consciousness. We quickly moved her into the car and took her to the nearby hospital.
After a couple of hours she was fine and was sent home. It was a case of an “electrolyte imbalance”.
In the evening, when we were all sitting around the table with our coffees, Dilip said, “It is so strange. A pizza gets delivered within 30 minutes but an ambulance cannot reach you in 30 minutes”.
It indeed was strange. When doctors and medical practitioners say the the first 10 minutes is “golden” in a medical emergency, how on earth would you be able to make the most of it, if the ambulance itself is taking 30 minutes to reach you.
And one of us had the answer to it. “By Learning First Aid”, Dilip said.
That’s true. Medical emergencies come unforeseen. And it might not always be possible to get the required help and support immediately.
In such a situation, if we want to make the most of the first 10 golden minutes, then we need to learn basic first aid.
There are numerous websites out there, that can give you this information.
Learn it. You never know when it might come handy.
Let it now, move over to the recipe for this week.
Eggless Banana Cake Recipe – How to Make Eggless Banana Cake in a Pressure Cooker
I always used to think, if cake can be made without egg and can be made in a pressure cooker. So today here I am with a delicious cake recipe which does not contain eggs and can be made in pressure cooker.
I had also tried the Eggless chocolate cake recipe also, which you might want to check out.
Eggless Banana Cake Recipe
- 4 Banana over ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour / maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Salt a pinch
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- 1/2 tsp oil for greasing the baking tray
- Take a 5 liter pressure cooker.(Its better to use big size of the cooker in order to bake without any hassle)
- Use the cooker plate to keep the distance between baking tray and cooker base.
- This will help keep the baking tray away from the direct heat and the cake will not get burnt from the base.
- Now keep the cooker plate in the cooker ensuring it doesn't touch anywhere in the cooker.
- Close the cooker lid, switch on the stove and preheat the cooker for about 6-7 minutes.
- By the time you are preheating the cooker.
- Peel and chop bananas and add them to a bowl.
- Mash the banana using fork and add sugar to it and mix well. (You can even use blender to mash banana).
- Now add curd, oil and vanilla extract to it.
- Stir well so that the oil gets mixed with banana puree and the sugar gets dissolve.
- Take plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and pinch of salt, sift it in banana mixture and fold well.
- Add chocolate chip cookie to it and fold gently.Set aside.
- Now grease the cake tin with oil on all the sides. Dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and tap the tin onto the plate to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
- Top it up with some more chocolate chips.
- Pressure cooker must have been heated by now.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the baking tray on the cooker plate. Cover it with a lid without the ring and whistle.
- Now bake in preheated pressure cooker on low flame for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After 40 to 45 minutes of baking, open the cooker lid.
- Take a toothpick and check if the cake is baked.
- You can just poke toothpick at the center of cake. If it comes out clean,then your cake is ready.
- And if not, you need to bake it for another 5-6 more minutes.
- Separate the cake from the baking tin using knife.
- Now, take a plate. Cover it on top of the baking tin and flip it over, gently tap on top so that the cake is released.
- Turn it upside down again.
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.