This Crunchy Veg Tacos Recipe is a traditional Mexican Recipe made of corn tortilla, stuffed with different types of filling. Tacos are a famous Mexican Street Food, which is now also famous around the world.
Homemade yet as delicious as the fast-food version, they make a great taco night recipe the whole family will love. My family loved it. So not it’s your turn to make it and enjoy it with your family.
To make Veg Tacos Recipe, I made Taco Shell at home from scratch and I have used paneer, cheese dip, sour cream, and cheese. This delicious fusion meal takes about 30 minutes.
As always, this was my first trial of making Tocos. And it came out really well.
And you won’t believe it, whatever I post here is always my first take. You can make it out by seeing my Hard Taco shell, It has a cracky texture from the sides. I could have made it in a proper shape, but then I thought:
That will be again an extra step for me and for you as well.
Second, after frying it, I told myself “not bad haanh” ultimately, the taste is what matters the most. Not the shape…
Cooking is an experiment. And I feel life is too short to try everything.
So I prefer and I try to make it perfect in one shot. So that I can try another recipe the next time.
Yes, at times it doesn’t work. But that is also not a problem. Try again and it will come out fine.
So, If you and you family love Mexican food, then Veg Tacos Recipe is the best recipe you can make at home. You can make these aromatic, ajwain flavored Taco Shells in bulk and store them in an airtight container and you can use whenever you want. So what are you waiting for, just give it a try…..
Let us see what are the basic ingredients I used to make Veg Tacos Recipe:
Tacos – This is something I made at home. And it came out really well. To make hard shell tacos, here I have used a combination of cornflour and all-purpose flour.
For the Filling – I sauteed some chopped bell pepper, corn, and paneer cubes in butter until they became a little soft and browned. And l last to make it more flavorful, I added some spices and chaat masala.
Sour Cream – I prefer using homemade sour cream, so I whipped some fresh cream, thick yogurt, lemon juice, and salt. And there you go!!!
Nachos Cheese Dip – I have used store bought nachos cheese dip to give some Mexican flavor to it.
Last but not the least, you will also need some toppings – So, here I have used some of my favorite toppings like onion, tomato, jalapeno, and mozzarella cheese. So you can choose toppings of your own choice.
Basic tips, while making Veg Tacos Recipe at Home:
I made Taco Shell at home from scratch. But if you want you can buy taco shell from store.
The fun part of tacos is that you can play around with different vegetables, salsa, sauces, cheese or toppings.
You can keep the fillings in a separate bowl and let the people make the tacos for themselves as per their choices.
Veg Tacos Recipe – Paneer Corn Hard Taco Shells Recipe
- 1 cup Maize Flour makai ka atta
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- All-Purpose Flour for rolling
For Paneer Stuffing:
- 200 gm Paneer
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Babycorn
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 – Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
For Sour Cream Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Thick Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 18 Taco Shell
- Jalapeno Cheese Dip
- Paneer Mixture
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- Jalapeno as needed
- Cheese grated, as needed
- Sour Cream as needed
For Taco Shell
- Take a deep bowl and sieve the maize flour and all-purpose flour together.
- Add oil, carom seeds, and salt to it.
- Add warm water little by little and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal portions and cover with a damp cloth.
- Now take one portion and roll out into a 4″ diameter circle using little maida.
- Once done prick it with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry until light brown from both sides.
- Once it turns light brown, immediately shape it into a shell using a pair of tongs and a frying ladle and continue deep frying while holding the shell, until it turns golden brown in color from both sides. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
- Follow the same process for the rest 17 portions.
- Let it cool down. Set aside.
For Paneer Stuffing
- Add butter to a pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds to it and wait till the seeds crackle.
- Once the seeds crackle, add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add paneer cubes, green bell pepper, and baby corn.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add cumin powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything together till well combined.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add oregano, chaat masala powder, and lemon juice to it. Mix everything well.
For Sour Cream:
- In a bowl add, cream, thick curd, lemon juice, and salt.
- Beat everything, until thick and set aside.
How to Assemble:
- Take one taco shell and spread some jalapeno cheese dip, then put one layer of paneer and corn mixture into the taco shells and add toppings such as onion, tomatoes, pickled jalapeno, and cheese.
- Spread some sour cream on top and serve immediately.
You Might Also Want to Try:
Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
Spicy Paneer Burrito
Mushroom and Spinach Quesadilla Recipe
A lot of time, effort, and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.