Lehsuni Toovar Dal is very simple and easy to make recipe. So aside from the fact that it’s delicious when you add it in any of your food item, Research shows that garlic is responsible for lipid-lowering, anti-blood coagulation, anti-hypertension, anti-cancer, antioxidant and anti-microbial effects. Garlic, as a non-edible substance is also responsible for repel mosquitoes, banish cold sores, protect plants etc.
- Toovar Dal – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Whole red chilli – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/hing – a pinch
- Chopped garlic – 3 tbsp
- Whole garlic – 4 to 5 cloves
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per required
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp or (as per the taste)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Clean and wash dal.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add cumin seed, whole red chilli and hing.
- When the cumin seeds starts spluttering add chopped garlic and fry till brown.
- Add chopped onion, turmeric powder, salt and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the washed dal and water as per needed.
- Stir everything properly and close the cooker and pressure cook up to 3 whistles or cook until done.
- Once the dal is cooked add a tbsp of lemon and mix.( you can also add hot water if needed)
- Heat ghee in a small pan,brown the garlic in the ghee.
- Now pour the garlic and ghee on top of the dal.
- Serve hot with plain rice, roti.
Note : –
- If you want you can add tomato in this recipe.
- You can also use moong dal instead of toovar dal.