Instant Lemon Pickle Recipe is a spicy and tangy Kerala style pickled recipe made with lemons. This lemon pickle gives a unique flavor and is good for digestion.
The last Saturday we had gone out to one of our favorite destinations here – Pheonix mall.
Now while it is a mall, we love going there because of the environment around the mall. Saturdays are buzzing with a lot of entertainment and engaging activities in and around the mall.
This week we came across a talented bunch of youngsters who call themselves “Project Mishram“. They are a band that plays some nice Fusion – Carnatic Classical with Western music.
We spent a good amount of time listening to them and we simply enjoyed every single moment.
When I see such talented people, I ask a question to myself. If their parents hadn’t nurtured these talents and had asked them to focus on their academics only, would we have seen them performing like this?
There is tremendous talent around us. Every kid is born with a talent and our responsibility as parents and elders is to find that talent and encourage them to pursue that.
Since today’s recipe has a South Indian touch to it, Project MishraM blended nicely into the topic. That’s what is called Fusion. Isn’t it?
Instant Lemon Pickle Recipe – Kerala Style Naranga Achar Recipe
Instant Lemon Pickle is an easy recipe to make. Most of the time people in Kerala makes this instant pickle during marriages. Since pickle is one of the constituents of the Onam Sadya, this Instant lemon pickle and Kadumaga Achaar becomes the ideal pickle recipes.
Instant Lemon PicklePrint Recipe
- 8 Lemon
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4-5 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Rinse lemons well in water.
- Then wipe them dry with a kitchen napkin.
- Make sure that there is no moisture or water on the lemons before you proceed to the next step.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a kadai or pan. Keep the flame to low.
Add the lemons to it and fry the lemons for 2 to 3 minutes stirring in between.
- The lemons should not crack. If you see that they start cracking then immediately remove from the pan.
- Now with the help of slotted spoon remove the lemons in a plate and let them cool down.
Once it gets cold chop them into eight pieces, remove all the seeds.
- Now take a bowl add 2 cups of water and chilli powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Now in the same pan or kadhai, heat 3 tbsp sesame oil. Keep the flame to low.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add 1/2 tsp of asafoetida to it.
- Keep the flame low and add water mixed with chilli powder. Let it boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Once it gets boiled turn off the gas. Let it cool down.
Once it gets cold add lemon pieces and mix everything well.
- Check the salt and if required add more to it.
So the instant Lemon Pickle is ready to serve.
This lemon pickle stays good for about 30-45 days if refrigerated.
MY PICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you really liked this post and found helpful to you, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment and share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all for your support.